UE4 4.19.2 remote build fail to type in password

Hi everyone,

I am very new to UE4 ARkit, and I have no knowledge of coding nor the Xcode.
Here are my few questions. I hope anyone can help me with this :smiley:

1. If I am building iOS on Windows, do I have to establish the remote build with a Mac?
    I am learning how to build ARkit project in UE4 4.19.2, but I have a problem in setting up the remote building.

My plan is using my Alian workstation as the main working station, then, using my MacBook Pro 13’’ for final Xcode compiling.

1. Why I can not type in anything when it asks for the password?
    I was following the UE4 instruction https://docs.unrealengine.com/en-us/Platforms/iOS/Windows;
    As the SSH setup window popped up, it is asking my remote login password. I was trying to type in the password, but I can not type in anything, but the enter key!!! Not letters, not numbers, but it only recognized the enter key.
    Have you guys even encounter each case? How to solve this?

2. Does anyone know anything about how to build something like the Apple Park Arkit demo?
    My project goal is to build something like the Apple Park Arkit demo: Apple Park AR experience - YouTube
    For now, I just want to understand the whole process and put a cube in the AR space.

3. if I only want to deploy in one or two iOS devices for testing and not production. Should I get the iOS development certificate or production certificate?

4. When I was trying to test the project on an Ipad, the deployment fail. Can you guys tell me whats’ wrong?
    Output log:
    LogPlayLevel: ERROR: Failed to run init commands on EdMacBookPro.local. Output = Permission denied (publickey,password,keyboard-interactive).
    LogPlayLevel: ERROR: Failed to initialize a connection to the Remote Server EdMacBookPro.local
    LogPlayLevel: Doing xcode-select --print-path
    LogPlayLevel: Execute took 00:00:00.7540071
    LogPlayLevel: Compiling with non-standard Xcode (xcode-select): Permission denied (publickey,password,keyboard-interactive)./
    LogPlayLevel: Doing ls Permission denied (publickey,password,keyboard-interactive)./Platforms/iPhoneOS.platform/Developer/SDKs
    LogPlayLevel: Execute took 00:00:00.8191790
    LogPlayLevel: Compiling with iPhoneOS SDK on Mac EdMacBookPro.local
    LogPlayLevel: ERROR: System.FormatException: Input string was not in a correct format.
    LogPlayLevel: at System.Number.ParseSingle(String value, NumberStyles options, NumberFormatInfo numfmt)
    LogPlayLevel: at System.Single.Parse(String s, IFormatProvider provider)
    LogPlayLevel: at UnrealBuildTool.IOSToolChainSettings…ctor(String DevicePlatformName, String SimulatorPlatformName)
    LogPlayLevel: at UnrealBuildTool.IOSToolChainSettings…ctor()
    LogPlayLevel: at UnrealBuildTool.IOSToolChain.<>c.<.ctor>b__1_0()
    LogPlayLevel: at System.Lazy1.CreateValue() LogPlayLevel: at System.Lazy1.LazyInitValue()
    LogPlayLevel: at UnrealBuildTool.IOSToolChain.ModifyBuildProducts(ReadOnlyTargetRules Target, UEBuildBinary Binary, List1 Libraries, List1 BundleResources, Dictionary2 BuildProducts) LogPlayLevel: at UnrealBuildTool.UEBuildBinary.GetBuildProducts(ReadOnlyTargetRules Target, UEToolChain ToolChain, Dictionary2 BuildProducts, Boolean bCreateDebugInfo)
    LogPlayLevel: at UnrealBuildTool.UEBuildTarget.PrepareReceipts(UEToolChain ToolChain, Boolean bCreateDebugInfo, EHotReload HotReload)
    LogPlayLevel: at UnrealBuildTool.UEBuildTarget.Build(BuildConfiguration BuildConfiguration, CPPHeaders Headers, List1 OutputItems, List1 UObjectModules, ISourceFileWorkingSet WorkingSet, ActionGraph ActionGraph, EHotReload HotReload)
    LogPlayLevel: at UnrealBuildTool.UnrealBuildTool.RunUBT(BuildConfiguration BuildConfiguration, String] Arguments, FileReference ProjectFile, Boolean bCatchExceptions)
    LogPlayLevel: Took 3.2126137s to run UnrealBuildTool.exe, ExitCode=5
    LogPlayLevel: ERROR: Command failed (Result:5): C:\Program Files\Epic Games\UE_4.19\Engine\Binaries\DotNET\UnrealBuildTool.exe arkit_study_b IOS Development -Project=“C:\Users\blued\Documents\Unreal Projects\arkit_study_b\arkit_study_b.uproject” “C:\Users\blued\Documents\Unreal Projects\arkit_study_b\arkit_study_b.uproject” -NoUBTMakefiles -remoteini=“C:\U
    sers\blued\Documents\Unreal Projects\arkit_study_b” -skipdeploy -ini:Game:[/Script/UnrealEd.ProjectPackagingSettings]:BlueprintNativizationMethod=Disabled -noxge -generatemanifest -NoHotReload. See logfile for details: ‘UnrealBuildTool-2018.10.30-01.07.17.txt’
    LogPlayLevel: (see C:\Users\blued\AppData\Roaming\Unreal Engine\AutomationTool\Logs\C+Program+Files+Epic+Games+UE_4.19\UAT_Log.txt for full exception trace)
    LogPlayLevel: AutomationTool exiting with ExitCode=5 (5)
    LogPlayLevel: Completed Launch On Stage: Build Task, Time: 2.751889
    LogPlayLevel: BUILD FAILED
    PackagingResults: Error: Deployment failed! Unknown Error
    LogSlate: Took 0.061032 seconds to synchronously load lazily loaded font ‘…/…/…/Engine/Content/Slate/Fonts/DroidSansMono.ttf’ (77K)

My hardware:

PC working station(installed UE4)
Processor: Intel Core i7-8700CPU @ 3.20GHz 3.19 GHz
Installed memory 16GB
System 64-bit Operating system, x64-based processor
GeForce GTX 1070

Macbook pro 13’’ (installed Xcode10)
Processor 2.3 GHz Intel Core i5
Memory 16GB
Graphics Intel Iris Plus Graphics 640 1536mb

Ipad Pro 12.9’’ (2nd Gen)

And I am working in a home wifi network.

Thank you for your time!!