UE4 4.12.4 crashes on Dedicated Server Mode

Hey,

like the topic says the ue4 engine suddenly starts to crash every time I want to test the game in dedicated server mode. This already happened to me a few days ago - I fixed it with a full build of the game - Now it’s happening again and I cant fix it :frowning:

Error log of the Engine:

Assertion failed:
Property->PropertyFlags & CPF_Net
[File:D:\Build++UE4+Release-4.12+Compile\Sync\Engine\Source\Runtime\Engine\Private\RepLayout.cpp]
[Line: 2666]

UE4Editor_Core!FDebug::AssertFailed()
[d:\build++ue4+release-4.12+compile\sync\engine\source\runtime\core\private\misc\outputdevice.cpp:440]
UE4Editor_Engine!FRepLayout::InitFromObjectClass()
[d:\build++ue4+release-4.12+compile\sync\engine\source\runtime\engine\private\replayout.cpp:2668]
UE4Editor_Engine!UNetDriver::GetObjectClassRepLayout()
[d:\build++ue4+release-4.12+compile\sync\engine\source\runtime\engine\private\networkdriver.cpp:3314]
UE4Editor_Engine!UNetDriver::FindOrCreateRepChangedPropertyTracker()
[d:\build++ue4+release-4.12+compile\sync\engine\source\runtime\engine\private\networkdriver.cpp:3298]
UE4Editor_Engine!AActor::CallPreReplication()
[d:\build++ue4+release-4.12+compile\sync\engine\source\runtime\engine\private\actor.cpp:907]
UE4Editor_Engine!UNetDriver::ServerReplicateActors_BuildConsiderList()
[d:\build++ue4+release-4.12+compile\sync\engine\source\runtime\engine\private\networkdriver.cpp:2444]
UE4Editor_Engine!UNetDriver::ServerReplicateActors()
[d:\build++ue4+release-4.12+compile\sync\engine\source\runtime\engine\private\networkdriver.cpp:2923]
UE4Editor_Engine!UNetDriver::TickFlush()
[d:\build++ue4+release-4.12+compile\sync\engine\source\runtime\engine\private\networkdriver.cpp:294]
UE4Editor_Engine!TBaseUObjectMethodDelegateInstance<0,UNetDriver,void
__cdecl(float)>::ExecuteIfSafe() [d:\build++ue4+release-4.12+compile\sync\engine\source\runtime\core\public\delegates\delegateinstancesimpl_variadics.inl:852]
UE4Editor_Engine!TBaseMulticastDelegate::Broadcast()
[d:\build++ue4+release-4.12+compile\sync\engine\source\runtime\core\public\delegates\delegatesignatureimpl_variadics.inl:921]
UE4Editor_Engine!UWorld::Tick()
[d:\build++ue4+release-4.12+compile\sync\engine\source\runtime\engine\private\leveltick.cpp:1327]
UE4Editor_UnrealEd!UEditorEngine::Tick()
[d:\build++ue4+release-4.12+compile\sync\engine\source\editor\unrealed\private\editorengine.cpp:1349]
UE4Editor_UnrealEd!UUnrealEdEngine::Tick()
[d:\build++ue4+release-4.12+compile\sync\engine\source\editor\unrealed\private\unrealedengine.cpp:368]
UE4Editor!FEngineLoop::Tick()
[d:\build++ue4+release-4.12+compile\sync\engine\source\runtime\launch\private\launchengineloop.cpp:2775]
UE4Editor!GuardedMain()
[d:\build++ue4+release-4.12+compile\sync\engine\source\runtime\launch\private\launch.cpp:148]
UE4Editor!GuardedMainWrapper()
[d:\build++ue4+release-4.12+compile\sync\engine\source\runtime\launch\private\windows\launchwindows.cpp:126]
UE4Editor!WinMain()
[d:\build++ue4+release-4.12+compile\sync\engine\source\runtime\launch\private\windows\launchwindows.cpp:200]
UE4Editor!__scrt_common_main_seh()
[f:\dd\vctools\crt\vcstartup\src\startup\exe_common.inl:264]
kernel32 ntdll

Bump - Problem is still there :confused:

I deleted a map out of my content folder and it’s fixed.
Is it possible that an unused map canmake those errors?

Now after a few days again - UE4 is crashing on In-Editor starts until I delete ALL maps.
I downgraded my project to 4.11 again - But I really want to know the problem here?

So - BUMP

Check here, maybe you have something to add to my post.

Got similar crashes here with same stack, only for me it happens when I run a multiplayer listen server and client(s) in editor.

This has started happening a while ago but has come to the point where it is near impossible to debug a multiplayer game.
Have recently upgraded to 4.12 and problem persists…
If more info is needed please specify what will be useful

4.12.5 still having this issue with several projects. Any input from the devs?

Did you manage to find clear repro?

No not yet. It’s also quite inconsistent. I get it sometimes, sometimes I don’t.