(UE4-27) Inspirational Characters - Starter Content:Template?

Hey everyone,
I was recently dabbling with an example project I accidentally messed up, but I made a really cool feature I ended up losing where the character’s head will follow the mouse while the user interacts with the game.

Can someone please tell me how I can achieve this again?
I want to point the Head Bone to the mouse Cursor.

Thanks!

So I found two tutorials that cover similar subjects, you could probably combine the two to get the result you want. First one is the head-turning setup and the second is getting the player to rotate to the mouse cursor.

1 Like

I’ll check these techniques out as soon as I get a chance to go to the Studio. These seem like really hard-coded techniques compared to the method I accidentally did it with before. I’m fine with the alternative in these videos, but I think it’d be interesting if we could all figure out the simplest way too for fair knowledge.

As said, I’m not to sure how I did it but I think it linked in with a Game Mode so every-time the person (spherically spectates) the screen the Camera stays placed where should be but the character’s head is constantly twisting away from the Camera in an illusive way. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

Sorry, no idea how that would happen. In order to get a bone to rotate towards an object, you would need to modify the animation bp appropriately. Are you saying there was a content pack you were using called Inspirational Characters and they had the functionality? The title of your post is confusing.