Ue4.27 datasmith Runtime import

Hi!
I use the datasmith runtime to import the udatasmith

A problem with the material was found!

One is imported at runtime and the other is not

There is a problem with the MateriallnstanceDynamic

Thanks Viveco_zc,
I will let the team know.

Out of curiosity what was the original dcc tool you generate udatasmith from? and which of the two beds is the one imported at runtime?

Bests.

3dmax left

Thank you, I logged a bug report. Unreal Engine Issues and Bug Tracker (UE-124988)

Hi @anonymous_user_2cbe2d97, I was wondering what your approach to importing was? I try to load from a .udatasmith file through blueprint. I get a success message, but unfortunately, nothing appears. Any help would be greatly appreciated :slight_smile:

Thank you

Did you check the corresponding documentation Using Datasmith at Runtime | Unreal Engine 4.27 Documentation

Oops, that’s embarrassing. I swear I looked for it but must have missed it somehow. Thanks!

To be honest, I tried to give you the link by searching it online and could not find it in top suggestions so I just copied it from another post :wink:

We’re looking to get that page a bit more easier to find, sorry about that :smiley:

1 Like

Hi, I am trying to Import an .udatasmith file from sketchup. I am not having a material bug like one above but during impoort all my meshes are with a wierd looking green material.

It works fine in ‘play in editor’ but this happens in the packaged project.

UE version - 5.03

Thanks in advance.

You mean you do not have green issue when you import in editor but you have it when you import in a packaged application (at runtime)?

Hi @UE_FlavienP Yes. Exactly.

This is how it looks when I import the same file at runtime inside editior.

Thanks for the quick response. Looking Forward to get this resolved.

Hi @UE_FlavienP. I get the textures if I save, restart and load again. But not the first time I am importing.

In editor: when you import in the editor it might take time for textures to show as UE is compiling shaders and that step can be slow.

That is also true if you import while playing in editor, it takes time to process texture.

In a packaged application, the material building is limited and it happens that materials do not all look as they are in editor. Usually people will replace material loaded on the fly by materials that has been packaged along the application.
Do you see any warning or errors in your log file when you import in a packaged application?