UE4.26.2, why compiling the engine uses vs2017, But the created c++ project used vs2019 ? is it OK?

UE4.26.2, why compiling the engine uses vs2017, But the created c++ project used vs2019 ? is it OK?

I have no problem using the latest visual studio

ok, Thanks. but it’s weird that when compiling the engine the default IDE is vs2017…and then when creating the C++ project the default IDE is vs2019, while compiling the project the engine is compiled AGAIN with vs2019…isn’t is a waste to compile by vs2017 first?

As far as I know, the engine is fully tested on 2017 and therefore it is set up as default. I recently saw this:

which explains a lot about project setup etc.

ok, thanks, i’ll check it later.
are you in the same situation as me?
so use vs2019 finally for the created C++ project which the engine first time was compiled and the sln is still vs2017?

I use the latest version and haven’t had any problems so far. If I double click the sln, no problem though I haven’t looked into it much, I’ve never been asked to update / upgrade the sln (unless this happenes automatically which is possible). The above video goes into detail about compiler versions etc. in the first few minutes.

ok, Thanks so much!

1 Like