[UE4-25] Particle stutters the first time it is spawned

The first time I spawn a particle, it seems to stutter and ends up with a weird square around it (see screenshot). The problem does not occur when spawning it fom the second time and onwards.

Even if I close the game window and execute it again, the problem does not happen again. It only returns if I completely close and reopen the Unreal Engine.

To spawn the particle, I am using the “Spawn Emmiter at Location” node. Also I am using Unreal 4.25.

After running the profiler, I can see that there is a spike in the Game Thread in the exact frame when the problem occurs. It indicates that the spike is in the “self” event name, but I don’t know what that means.

Does anyone know what may be causing this and how to fix it? Any tips on how to further investigate?

did you have tried to build the game? maybe is something that happens only inside the editor.

Sadly, yes, that’s the first thing we tried. Both shipping and development packaging, problem persists :confused:.

maybe spawn it off screen the first time. then move it where it needs to be

That’s a good a idea to mitigate it, I’ll try it out. But I’d also like to understand the root cause, although I’m kind of out of ideas on what else to debug.

Did anyone figure this one out ? Spawning all emitters used at once client side on begin play to avoid later stutter is not an ideal solution.

Bump, looks for solution different then spawning all particles on level