UE4.25 Cannot see any raytrace in the scene despite all the main instructions

Hello everyone,

I know I might be missing something basic… but I have installed a Quadro RTX 6000 to test raytracing and for some reason nothing happens.

To sum up:

1- Windows 10 build is 19041.330

2- Latest drivers for the Quadro card

3- DirectX12 installed and directx 11 &12 (sm5) checked and default RHI is on directx 12. I also did the " -dx12" old trick in the shortcut of UEeditor.exe just in case.

4- Raytracing is enabled

5- Support compute Skin Cache checked

After restarting it has compiled all the shaders, 5 mins approx, I played around with postprod volume (RT GI, RT reflections, RT AO etc) but nothing happens, not even a small flicker which makes me believe that Raytracing is not working at all. I tried it on my scene and on startup scenes but nothing at all. I have a skylight, point lights, emissive materials, nothing seems to generate any GI or reflection at all.

Is there anything missing?

Thank you in advance,
Fran.

Are meshes set to Static or Movable, or Stationary? Is there a directional light?

Everything is static, no directional light. :frowning:

Not sure if it may help, but while trying to re-enabling raytracing and directx12 and restarting UE, get this error msg:

LoginId:449572fc4d2d5dbf83d316bd729f95b7
EpicAccountId:8bac6e9f728749c1ad9f64e4d6cbba79

Unhandled Exception: EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION 0xe1d3d160

D3D12
UE4Editor_D3D12RHI
UE4Editor_D3D12RHI
UE4Editor_D3D12RHI
UE4Editor_D3D12RHI
UE4Editor_D3D12RHI
UE4Editor_D3D12RHI
UE4Editor_RHI
UE4Editor
UE4Editor
UE4Editor
UE4Editor
UE4Editor
kernel32
ntdll

Any idea?
Thank you guys…

And I think it was supposed to appear a new voice in the view mode (Lit, Unlit, Wireframe etc) as Path Tracing, which is not there.

You didn’t mention a post process volume. You need one of those in the scene and enable ray-tracing in there. Did you place one?