UE VR 5.1.1 android packaging issues/setup issues

Hello,

I’ve been trying to set visual studio, android studio and UE 5.1.1 up so i can package an apk. file of projects for a Oculus Quest headset. the idea is to have the projects installed the headset so i dont need to be connected to a pc.

But i just simply havent been able to figure out how to set it all up, and keep getting errors. the furthest i’ve gotten was a complete packaged file, but the graphics where broken (green yellow color everywhere or transparent).

I’ve been trying to go through documentation and the forums to troubleshoot, but i feel like i’m lacking a solid up to date guide or tutorial that goes through everything you need in order to get it all set up and working.

Does anyone have any ideas where i can look for such a thing?

1 Like

The most likely reason is that you don’t have visual studio (free version) installed. You’ll need to find out which version the unreal version you are using needs. Just Google it.

I do have visual studio installed, and have tried both googling my to the answer as well as watch multiple tutorials.

I can now package a project, without any red errors appearing in the output log, but the graphics are still broken after installation in my Oculus Headset.

I’ve added a picture of what it actually looks like - I can move around smoothly and otherwise use the scene as is, its just the graphics that gets weird

I’m using a oculus quest headset for this

Have you tried the mobile preview in the editor. The shaders are different on android. You can emulate them in the editor. Does it look the same?