UE Marketplace > Fab Ownership Transfer

So, Fab is about to fully replace Marketplace. It’s a good initiative to collapse different storefronts into one entity, sure, but some things are … questionable, for example “no open-text reviews” and questions. I really don’t understand why.

But one thing caught my eye, and made me worry:

If you have purchased content from Unreal Engine Marketplace over the years, you will still
have access to your IJE Marketplace purchases through the Unreal Engine Vault.

Why not just transfer ownership of assets to Fab. The assets from Marketplace will be forced to transfer there one way or another, as well as star-reviews… but not ownership? I know about the Vault, thanks, but it doesn’t even states it we will receive updates for what we purchased, or the Vault will become an “Archive”, and I’d need to repurchase some things. For model assets it isn’t that important, for Code/BPs is.

3 Likes

Relevant video.

And again, it’s not a bad idea to make a unified and engine-agnostic storefront for things what can be engine-agnostic. Models, textures, sounds. But things what are very UE-specific – Niagara VFX, templates, code plugins… I’m not su sure. It can become just a mess. What if I wanna find AI plugin, and I need to start filtering Unity/Godot/Bevy things…

Unless I don’t understand something. But they said Marketplace is done.

1 Like

That’s my concern as well - I hope that there will be some kind of distinct “Unreal Engine Plugins” category or something similar. Otherwise all UE Blueprint/Code/UE-Specific FX assets will drown.

1 Like