UE Git 4.26.1 Fails to Start A New Instance After Initial Build, ResonanceAudio CMake Builds Fail

I am trying to run the Unreal Editor 4.26.1 from the GitHub Source and I keep running into this same issue. After the first time I build the editor it seems fine, but then when I reopen the project to launch the editor, Visual Studio 2019 will start trying to rebuild parts of the project with CMake. I’ve redownloaded this source and rebuilt this project many times with the same results.

The issue I am currently getting is:

Build started...
        1>------ Build started: Project: UE4, Configuration: Development_Editor x64 ------
        1>Using 'git status' to determine working set for adaptive non-unity build (G:\UnrealEngine).
        1>Waiting for 'git status' command to complete
        1>Building UE4Editor and ShaderCompileWorker...
        1>Using Visual Studio 2019 14.28.29913 toolchain (C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio\2019\Community\VC\Tools\MSVC\14.28.29910) and Windows 10.0.19041.0 SDK (C:\Program Files (x86)\Windows Kits\10).
        1>[Adaptive unity build] Excluded from ResonanceAudio unity file: CMakeCXXCompilerId.cpp
        1>Building 2 actions with 12 processes...
        1>  [1/2] UE4Editor-ResonanceAudio.dll
        1>CMakeCCompilerId.c.obj : error LNK2005: main already defined in CMakeCXXCompilerId.cpp.obj
        1>main.c.obj : error LNK2005: main already defined in CMakeCXXCompilerId.cpp.obj
        1>     Creating library G:\UnrealEngine\Engine\Plugins\Runtime\ResonanceAudio\Intermediate\Build\Win64\UE4Editor\Development\ResonanceAudio\UE4Editor-ResonanceAudio.suppressed.lib and object G:\UnrealEngine\Engine\Plugins\Runtime\ResonanceAudio\Intermediate\Build\Win64\UE4Editor\Development\ResonanceAudio\UE4Editor-ResonanceAudio.suppressed.exp
        1>G:\UnrealEngine\Engine\Plugins\Runtime\ResonanceAudio\Binaries\Win64\UE4Editor-ResonanceAudio.dll : fatal error LNK1169: one or more multiply defined symbols found
        1>C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio\2019\Community\MSBuild\Microsoft\VC\v160\Microsoft.MakeFile.Targets(45,5): error MSB3073: The command "..\..\Build\BatchFiles\Build.bat -Target="UE4Editor Win64 Development" -Target="ShaderCompileWorker Win64 Development -Quiet" -WaitMutex -FromMsBuild" exited with code 6.
        1>Done building project "UE4.vcxproj" -- FAILED.
        ========== Build: 0 succeeded, 1 failed, 2 up-to-date, 0 skipped ==========

I saw from a previous post that this is an issue for other people: UE4 build error - Platform & Builds - Unreal Engine Forums

Particularly the response from exitlights2 seems the most reasonable, however I would I like to actually include this plugin, so disabling it would be a last resort.

1 Like