UE crashes

Hey!

I was wondering if someone could help me. I just bought a laptop for school (going into game programming, and we’ll be using unreal engine this semester). The laptop is a Nitro AN515-51. Specs are:
Intel Core i5-7300HQ (2.50 GHz)
12GB DDR4 RAM
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 (2G)
64bit OS windows 10
w/ Direct X12

I downloaded unreal engine 4.20.1 and 4.19.2. Both versions crash randomly (4.20 quicker) while I’m searching through the menus. Does UE crash often? The error doesn’t give a code. Is there anyone else having the same issue with the same laptop? I just need advice whether I should get a new laptop before my 10 warranty runs out. Thank you for your help.

Hy Flickerbird!

I haven’t used 4.19 much, but I know 4.20 has crashed for a lot of people myself included when running compatibility checks for my products. Have you tried any of the earlier versions like 4.18 (Haven’t had any issues in that one personally).

Thanks for replying** SE_JonF** :). I took the laptop to the store and they disabled the onboard graphics card to test if it was conflicting with the other one. I’m testing UE today to see if that changed anything. I hope it works. I’ll check out 4.18, thanks for the help :slight_smile: