UE-62291 no documentation on PHYSICS or PROJECTILE

hey im banned from posting here now for no reason but

im looking at the bug tracker and it mentions “chaos” is the new physics engine or something
and the old one has issues

so literally, i searched for this two months ago -
i asked the question on answerhub two months ago

DO BALLS GO PHYSICS CHECKBOX OR DO THEY GO PROJECTILE
obviously there is only one right answer. and projectile stuff isnt even in the engine anymore where it links so.

Why do you always say the documentation does not exist?! First link.

Chaos is not production ready yet. It’s supposed to be released in 4.26, docs are probably somewhat incomplete which is pretty normal for any technical documentation at this stage of development.

I linked the physics docs in the other question you mentioned.

DO BALLS GO PHYSICS CHECKBOX OR DO
THEY GO PROJECTILE obviously there is
only one right answer.

If you want physics, use physics simulation. If you want projectile movement - use the appropriate component. Don’t use both at the same time.

and projectile stuff isnt even in the engine anymore
where it links so.

Yes it is, and it works fine. Hundreds of tutorials online how to use projectile movement.

do you know how many times documentation pops up from unreal?
wait let me show you because i’m about to post again —
but not to get off topic, yeh it appears its PHYSICS and not projectile
but specifically, ugh let me find it -

311856-collision-2.jpg

ok so the thing is if you go the projectile route, you get to this point at adding a collision
and the collision pull-down is where “PROJECTILE” is
and yeh its not there any more.

literally people need to be depracating their ******* tutorials … honestly.
but literally, the people making them - yeh. depracated is not a word in their vocabulary (yet)

HEY @Everynone

ah i forget how to do that properly.
here’s the images----

1. i search for what i need
  2. unreal does pop up some stuff but its not really SEO specific, it looks like its a raw search
  3. anything in the API/“quick reference that is not made quick” is a duplication of what you can already see in unreal engine because its C++/object oriented, so, even making that reference means they have some “geometry proof/logic” problems
  4. the two images im posting the first one is made for eight year olds, it says its a refernce or something then its nothing but images and the quick list of 20 things is broken up into like 2 miles of scrolling toilet paper (web pages shouldnt scroll at all to begin with… lalalalala been on this for twenty years man)
  5. the second one, well neither one of them has ANYTHING TO DO with what im looking for

i could go on man but its a meme.

nothiiiiiiiiiiiiiiing ever shows up, except video search and keywords that way
then its literally all 300 views or 3000 views
except the rare ones that have 30,000 for completly different reasons (schools, promos, founded orgs, etc)

im just going to go ahead and post this because its fresh and clean in my mind

OK so literally, yeh. scrolling. probably THE WORST “TECHNOLOGY” that has ever been unleashed on man.
i mean, if there were a SPECIFIC reason to use scrolling sure, but that’s not the meme.
its scroll^infinity

so i thought!!! i had a computer. but they turned it into paper.

so what am i supposed to do, develop nano-paper to make it better?

no seriously. its toilet paper. its the closest match/synonym/mirror/etc. cant think of the right word.

SO let’s take answerhub for instance, i’d buy it for $5 on fiverr, which is twice what its worth. to re-develop it.

and it doesnt make much use of scrolling anyway but.
seriously, DO I MAKE IT PAPER, OR DO I MAKE IT AN APP?

it cant be both#
(the hashtag on the right is my youtube channel show call-sign, thats my TM. #normies and greenhell#
man i forget that mortal kombat concept, eliminate him? finiish him? its the decapitation one or something

man, youtube is so broken. you know their stats arent right?
no seriously i posted last month on a female unreal engine developer contribution
i checked it yesterday it said “posted last week” so the comments dates ALL OF THEM SITEWIDE ARE WRONG/FAKE

and yeh my channel launch video i changed that last week and youtube still shows the old one and there is nothing i can do

THERE IS NO YOUTUBE support, the closest you can get is youtube premium, its hidden, you have to go to google, then its only chat - then there are no engineering tickets so its fake

i cover all of this on my show but itll be a while

Regarding keyboard shortcuts, consider exploring this:

Searching for layout should narrow it down. Hopefully you can find / add a binding you’re after.

ok so the thing is if you go the
projectile route, you get to this
point at adding a collision and the
collision pull-down is where
“PROJECTILE” is and yeh its not there
any more.

I see which projectile you’re talking about now. What you’re referring to as Projectile is a custom channel (or a preset - more on this later) one can name however they want and add it to the list here:

A channel like that can either be used for objects types or tracing responses. This short, yet superbly informative blog explains it better than I ever could:

And here’s the official documentation for the feature:

And the reference sheet:

In addition to it all, you can wrap channels as Presets, these can be set up here:

And then chosen from the drop-down menu.