UE 5 Blue screens and crashes solution

Hello everyone!

I’m creating this topic for people who, like me, have had a lot of blue screens and crashes when they bought a PC with a latest-generation CPU.
I think the solutions have been given in other topics, but I think it’s interesting to create an additional entry to make it easier for people who have this problem to find it.

(I hope it’s in the right section. Sorry if it’s not) :sweat_smile:

Epic recently reported problems with the latest-generation CPUs, in particular the Intel Core 13th and 14th. A lot of users had huge problems and this led to a wave of error reports that alerted Epic. They then came up with a workaround that worked.

This solution didn’t apply 100% to my case, but it was the same principle.

You need to underclock your CPU by lowering the Core Ratio Limit to x53 (because it can be x55 by default). You can do this either using Extreme Tuning Utility or, if the utility doesn’t work (as it does for me), go directly to the BIOS.

Every motherboard is different, so you’ll need to find out about this procedure before doing so (lower the Core Ratio Limit).

Another option that can be problematic (as in my case) is the CPU boost modes. By default, my Core Ratio Limit was set to x53. But I discovered a “TURBO” option, activated by default (I have an ASUS motherboard). I simply deactivated it.

Here’s a link to an article about this problem:

So I did some tests, like simply importing Megascans assets in Nanite and Virtual Texture mode, which crashed my PC for sure after the 2nd or 3rd import or when I saved all assets. I’ve also opened some very heavy projects from the Market Place and all went very well! :grin:

I hope this helps and if others see a mistake, please don’t hesitate to correct me. :wink: