UE 5.4 editor failed to restart after enabling motion graphics

Hi everyone,

I enabled the Motion Design plugin in 5.4 and restart the editor as it required. But the compiling took forever and couldn’t even finish. And then the editor crashed before restarted. I tried many times, same results. Anyone has this same issue? I think this is a bug maybe?

1 Like

Greetings @NEROMIYANO

I’d be happy to look into it. Can you pull the crash log for me? Thanks!

1 Like

Hey FrostyJas,

I found this log under Project Name/Saved/Crashes. I hope this is the log you need.
Thanks!

I also got the same problem, compiling takes very long after enabling the motion graphics plugin. I got in the first time but then I tried rerunning the editor and it’s frozen in compiling(or going very slowly).

1 Like

After opening an empty project in Unreal Engine, it is taking a lot of time for the assets and textures in the project storage to be prepared. However, there is no level in my project and no asset has been used in any level.

Same issue with me…it take a hour to prepared all shader after the motion design plug in was added

Hi Nero. The file link you provided requires access(Is not public). I’m unable to access it.

The issue looks to still be present in UE 5.4.1 hotfix.
But seems resolved in latest UE5 Main source (github).
Hope it makes its way into a 5.4.2 hotfix :crossed_fingers:

1 Like

I met the same problem! always crash report after the restart of turning on motion design plugin,I’ve tried using example project instead of my own project to open plugin but also failed~ my pc did’t take long restarting but just crashes,looking forward to konwing the solution!

1 Like

Hope So :weary:

Hi FrostJas

Sorry, please check this: