UE 5.4 and 5.4.1 Editor extreme stutter & hitches

Hey guys! I need help.

I’ve downloaded version 5.4 and tried to use the editor, however I encounter extreme hitches and stuttering every few frames. They sometimes disappear inconsistently for a minute or so, but they always return. Restarting doesn’t help unfortunately. It is impossible to work like that.

I tried updating to 5.4.1, updating NVIDIA drivers to the latest version (game ready aswell as studio drivers), disabling UDP Transport (that was recommended by some people in the forum) didn’t help either.
Neither did reducing quality in editor or disabling features like TSR, Nanite, Lumen etc. or changing the default RHI from DX12 to DX11.

Everything worked fine in 5.3.2.

My Specs:

• NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080ti
  • 32 GB RAM
  • Intel Core i7-8700K
  • Windows Version: Windows 11 (10.0.22631 Build 22631)

The editor is installed on a SSD.

I really want to experiment with the new PCG features, so it would be awesome if someone could help me! Thanks in advance :smiley:

Here is a short video of my problem with a few stats enabled to hopefully better understand the issue:

3 Likes

same issue but on 1660ti i7 9750h 24 gb ram gaming laptop :frowning:

1 Like

Hey, just want to let you know that we are having the same issue on our end. Just curious, you mentioned 5.3, so i am assuming you imported your project over?

1 Like

No I used empty projects to compare the two versions, before porting my project. I think I’ll wait till 5.4.2. Hopefully the problem is fixed until then…

1 Like

I am having the same issue with 5.4. Its like its caching files in chunks, it smooths out but only for a while. It’s only in Editor that I have these issues, not in the builds.

Its pretty constant, restarts haven’t helped.

Anyone have any ideas, the same project didn’t have any such issue in 5.3.

Thanks

1 Like

Interesting, haven’t tested building something… that’s good to know!
I tried using 5.4.1 on my MacBook, which worked without a problem. But still no luck on my main windows pc…

1 Like

Hey everyone,
I updated from 5.1 to 5.4, and I started facing the exact same issue in the video, making UE unusable.
After searching around a bit, I found a solution.
Go into your plugins and disable the Studio Telemetry plugin. Restart. That’s it. It fixed all my performance issues with 5.4.
Hope this helps.

3 Likes

This did it for me, at least for now. Thank you so much, you saved my ■■■ xD
I hope there will be an official fix for this soon.

2 Likes

Just want to Bump this. Having this exact problem with 5.4.1. Disabling Studio Telemetry plugin has resolved this issue. Thank you so much.