UE 5.3 - C++ Project not compiling

Hello,

I have been struggling the last few days on some issue after trying to move from 5.0 to 5.3.

1. I have re-downloaded UE 5.3.1

2. I have re-downloaded VS 2022 with the following settings

3. I am trying to create a new blank C++ project
    This is when I get the first message, could not compile

Running C:/Program Files/Epic Games/UE_5.3/Engine/Build/BatchFiles/Build.bat Development Win64 -Project=“D:/01- UnrealProjects/W10-WeWorld/WeWorldProject/WeWorldProject.uproject” -TargetType=Editor -Progress -NoEngineChanges -NoHotReloadFromIDE
Using bundled DotNet SDK version: 6.0.302
Running UnrealBuildTool: dotnet “…..\Engine\Binaries\DotNET\UnrealBuildTool\UnrealBuildTool.dll” Development Win64 -Project=“D:/01- UnrealProjects/W10-WeWorld/WeWorldProject/WeWorldProject.uproject” -TargetType=Editor -Progress -NoEngineChanges -NoHotReloadFromIDE
Log file: C:\Users\Utilisateur\AppData\Local\UnrealBuildTool\Log.txt
Creating makefile for WeWorldProjectEditor (no existing makefile)
@progress push 5%
Parsing headers for WeWorldProjectEditor
Running Internal UnrealHeaderTool “D:\01- UnrealProjects\W10-WeWorld\WeWorldProject\WeWorldProject.uproject” “D:\01- UnrealProjects\W10-WeWorld\WeWorldProject\Intermediate\Build\Win64\WeWorldProjectEditor\Development\WeWorldProjectEditor.uhtmanifest” -WarningsAsErrors -installed
Total of 0 written
Reflection code generated for WeWorldProjectEditor in 0.994147 seconds
@progress pop
Building WeWorldProjectEditor…
Using Visual Studio 2022 14.34.31947 toolchain (C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio\2022\Community\VC\Tools\MSVC\14.34.31933) and Windows 10.0.22621.0 SDK (C:\Program Files (x86)\Windows Kits\10).
Determining max actions to execute in parallel (8 physical cores, 16 logical cores)
Executing up to 8 processes, one per physical core
------ Building 6 action(s) started ------
[1/6] Resource Default.rc2
[2/6] Compile [x64] SharedPCH.Engine.Cpp20.cpp
[3/6] Compile [x64] WeWorldProject.cpp
[4/6] Link [x64] UnrealEditor-WeWorldProject.dll
LINK : fatal error LNK1181: cannot open input file ‘delayimp.lib’
[5/6] Link [x64] UnrealEditor-WeWorldProject.lib
Creating library D:\01- UnrealProjects\W10-WeWorld\WeWorldProject\Intermediate\Build\Win64\x64\UnrealEditor\Development\WeWorldProject\UnrealEditor-WeWorldProject.lib and object D:\01- UnrealProjects\W10-WeWorld\WeWorldProject\Intermediate\Build\Win64\x64\UnrealEditor\Development\WeWorldProject\UnrealEditor-WeWorldProject.exp
Total time in Parallel executor: 29.41 seconds
Total execution time: 41.16 seconds

1. having a look to this “LNK1181” I found that writing in the Library Directories for the project could help but it did not

2. I tried to compile with VS and got this error:

|Error|MSB3073|The command C:\Program Files\Epic Games\UE_5.3\Engine\Build\BatchFiles\Build.bat WeWorldProjectEditor Win64 Development -Project=D:\01- UnrealProjects\W10-WeWorld\WeWorldProject\WeWorldProject.uproject -WaitMutex -FromMsBuild exited with code 6.|WeWorldProject|C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio\2022\Community\MSBuild\Microsoft\VC\v170\Microsoft.MakeFile.Targets|44||

Any Idea of what I could do to solve it ?

Thank you very much.

Did you follow this step-by-step from Epic when setting this up?

If I remember right, I was getting linker issues because I didn’t have the appropriate Windows SDK versions installed that UE requires. I was able to get it to work by following Epic’s instructions.

I also found this older forum post that I believe is the same issue:

Yes, I followed the instructions and I have everything which was listed (and more recent sdk for 2022)

I saw aswell the other subject but did not find “missing” SDK or something.

I found something interesting.

My UE 5.3 did not have the administrator right, same for VS, I had set it and it worked. (at least for this issue)

I’m now back to my first issue: VS not finding my Asset Registry. I will investigate on that one.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.