UE 5.2 Procedural Content Generation - Forest Environment (Unreal Engine - PCG framework)

I created this environment in order to familiarize myself with the new Procedural Content Generation framework that was released with UE 5.2. It’s a powerful framework and I am looking forward to exploring it more. I will soon release a full tutorial about the creation of this scene and some of the techniques used, e.g. spline based spawning, exclusion of water bodies, slope filters etc.

3 Likes

Hey there @exitsimulation ! Welcome to the community for starters. We are very happy to see your creations here.

I for one am particularly excited because I am a map maker so seeing options like this make me excited and a little inspired to continue my work as a creator. I’m very curious and looking forward to the tutorials and see your process!

1 Like

Hey @The_M0ss_Man! I appreciate the warm welcome and I am looking forward to exploring this community and see how I can contribute

1 Like

Greetings @exitsimulation; I hope you’re having a wonderful Monday. Welcome to the UE community; as the @The_M0ss_Man has so elegantly said, we’re happy to have you! :grin:

Also, thank you for sharing your PCG Forest Environment with us. I am impressed by the short in-game clips I saw - it looks amazing! :star_struck:

1 Like

Hi there @exitsimulation,

Welcome to the Unreal Engine forums! :partying_face: :tada:

Watching it all come together in just a few clicks was not only satisfying but also incredibly impressive. Do you currently have plans to add connecting pathways and trails through the environment? Or any caves/buildings?

1 Like

Thanks for the welcome @Zezkaii!

@PresumptivePanda, I am preparing the tutorial right now, it will contain more techniques than shown in this video. I am planning to add spline based generation yes! Also gonna have a section about mesh sampling. Should be online in a few days!

Caves are a great idea, I might add this later, same for buildings I think it would be better to do in an entirely separate tutorial.

2 Likes

Can’t wait to see the tutorials and potential caves/buildings. Happy developing in the meantime :slight_smile:

1 Like

The first part of the tutorial series is now online!

1 Like