UE 5.2 Crash on play

LoginId:38c063f84cd19684143a9a9f1e57de7b
EpicAccountId:1f94c41e00ab41f79429324df835cec6

Unhandled Exception: EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION writing address 0x00000bc0b0560000

VCRUNTIME140
UnrealEditor_ImgMedia!FGenericImgMediaReader::ReadFrame() [D:\build++UE5\Sync\Engine\Plugins\Media\ImgMedia\Source\ImgMedia\Private\Readers\GenericImgMediaReader.cpp:182]
UnrealEditor_ImgMedia!FImgMediaLoaderWork::DoThreadedWork() [D:\build++UE5\Sync\Engine\Plugins\Media\ImgMedia\Source\ImgMedia\Private\Loader\ImgMediaLoaderWork.cpp:87]
UnrealEditor_ImgMedia!FImgMediaSchedulerThread::Run() [D:\build++UE5\Sync\Engine\Plugins\Media\ImgMedia\Source\ImgMedia\Private\Scheduler\ImgMediaSchedulerThread.cpp:89]
UnrealEditor_Core!FRunnableThreadWin::Run() [D:\build++UE5\Sync\Engine\Source\Runtime\Core\Private\Windows\WindowsRunnableThread.cpp:149]

Since I imported a cloth skeletal mesh, engine crashes after a brief moment everytime I play showing the message above…

I have removed every recent assets and it still happens.

It works fine in the editor, but crashes only when I play or simulate. A few days before deadline and this happens… very frustrating

A help would be hugely appreciated!

Addtional information I have just noticed, it only crashes when I enter the specific part of the map where the problematic asset may exist. But I cannot specify which asset is crashing the game as I have already removed recently added assets. Is there any way to find corrupted actors?

3 Likes

Luckly, it was fixed after updating project to 5.4. What a relief. But I still want to know what the problem was… Pretty sure it was one of the corrupted textures but I don’t know why it kept crashing after I removed them all. I even tried to remove everything in the crashing zone, but the issue persisted.

1 Like