UE 5.2 CitySample project can be packaged for VR?

Hello Unreal Talents,

Is there any way to package UE 5.2 CitySample project as a Android VR package apk?
I tried several ways, but it seems CitySample only supports Windows and I can’t find a way for Android platform or VR

Any advice will be thanksful.

Hello,

CitySample relies heavily on Nanite, and Nanite is currently PC only.

Trying to use anything from CitySample on mobile is overall inadvisable. But my advice would be to get an empty project running on Android / VR, then Import 1 mesh from CitySample and try using the ‘Remesh’ tool in the modeling tools to lower it’s poly-count to something that would run at a stable framerate on mobile. I imagine you’d need to do some heavy simplification of the materials too.

If just having a city is the end-goal, there are plenty of assets out there more optimized for mobile.

2 Likes

Hi Astrotronic,

Really thanks for your help.

I am still looking for a way to run citysample in vr preview mode within unreal editor with Meta quest developer hub.
All settings for meta quest is configured and it works pretty well in simple vr template project.
But it seems not with Citysample.
(I set start vr mode and configured main pawn as vr pawn)

Is this can be possible?
Please give me advice.
Thanks again!

Ok, so switching context to City Sample running on PC in VR preview…

What are you seeing when you try to launch VR preview?

If you make a new map in the CitySample project, does your VR pawn work in the new map?

I found this thread that mentions using the console command r.InstanceCulling.OcclusionCull 0

Thanks for your kindness once more.

Yes I’ve already read that article too and tried it with blocking that 124th line command, from 5.2 source editor.

But I don’t know how this console command r.InstanceCulling.OcclusionCull 0 works

Of course, VR preview itself worked and the left thing for me is there any way to run a game with vr headset not only within UE editor, but with a window packaged game
Will it be possible?

Hello,@ Astrotronic.

If I set the mesh’s LOD 0 to less triangle ,say like half percentage,would it has the effect like the modeling tools do?