UE 5.1 Launcher crashes, but projects open fine

Whenever I want to create a new project, the unreal project browser crashes with D3D error, yet when I open a project I have already created it opens just fine with no crashes. just wanting to know how I can fix this or will I just have to find work arounds until I get a better system?

Thank you.

maybe you can try verifying the installation. other things you can try is check if maybe there is some default forcing unreal to open with the wrong gpu. If you have two of them, which is common when the mother board has an onboard GPU or maybe the CPU has one included. Also update all drivers.

1 Like

Thank you for your help, I managed to get it working only one time after verifying UE5.1 (Done by going to verify on the drop down for UE5.1 on your epic games launcher) It worked and didnt error but then after closing the project browser and opening it again the issue returned. Seems like something is being created in the back end when initially launching UE5.1 and then crashing it on subsequent launches. Current project still seem to open fine. so maybe something I have to deal with until I get a new setup.

maybe your antivirus is deleting files from unreal installation

1 Like

I may check that actually aswell, nothings come up about it, but its worth a look

Checked anti virus but nothing has been stopping it. it seems like it is trying to run dx12 (which my computer doesnt like) even though the settings are set to dx11