UE 5.0.2 crashes after change orthographic view from perspective on linux manjaro (arch)

Also crashes then i change view mode from lit to wireframe

How can i solve this problem?

There is crash log:

LoginId:7165bf4c983843939b70929e60f601d7-000003e8
EpicAccountId:

Assertion failed: !EnumHasAnyFlags(StencilAccess, AnyCopy) [File:./Runtime/VulkanRHI/Private/VulkanBarriers.cpp] [Line: 439] Only the Stencil being transitioned to Copy state, this is not supported.

libUnrealEditor-VulkanRHI.so!GetDepthStencilStageAndAccessFlags(ERHIAccess, ERHIAccess, unsigned int&, unsigned int&, VkImageLayout&, bool) [/home/ez/UnrealEngine-release/Engine/Source/./Runtime/VulkanRHI/Private/VulkanBarriers.cpp:439]
libUnrealEditor-VulkanRHI.so!FVulkanDynamicRHI::RHICreateTransition(FRHITransition*, FRHITransitionCreateInfo const&) [/home/ez/UnrealEngine-release/Engine/Source/./Runtime/VulkanRHI/Private/VulkanBarriers.cpp:800]
libUnrealEditor-RenderCore.so!FRDGBarrierBatchBegin::CreateTransition() [/home/ez/UnrealEngine-release/Engine/Source/./Runtime/RenderCore/Private/RenderGraphPass.cpp:162]
libUnrealEditor-RenderCore.so!FRDGBuilder::CreatePassBarriers() [/home/ez/UnrealEngine-release/Engine/Source/./Runtime/RenderCore/Private/RenderGraphBuilder.cpp:2550]
libUnrealEditor-Core.so!TGraphTask<TFunctionGraphTaskImpl<void (ENamedThreads::Type, TRefCountPtr const&), (ESubsequentsMode::Type)0> >::ExecuteTask(TArray<FBaseGraphTask*, TSizedDefaultAllocator<32> >&, ENamedThreads::Type, bool) [/home/ez/UnrealEngine-release/Engine/Source/Runtime/Core/Public/Async/TaskGraphInterfaces.h:975]
libUnrealEditor-Core.so!void LowLevelTasks::FTask::Init<FTaskGraphCompatibilityImplementation::QueueTask(FBaseGraphTask*, bool, ENamedThreads::Type, ENamedThreads::Type)::‘lambda’()>(char16_t const*, LowLevelTasks::ETaskPriority, FTaskGraphCompatibilityImplementation::QueueTask(FBaseGraphTask*, bool, ENamedThreads::Type, ENamedThreads::Type)::‘lambda’()&&, bool)::‘lambda’(bool)::operator()(bool) const [/home/ez/UnrealEngine-release/Engine/Source/Runtime/Core/Public/Async/Fundamental/Task.h:350]
libUnrealEditor-Core.so!LowLevelTasks::TTaskDelegate<void (bool), 48u>::TTaskDelegateImpl<void LowLevelTasks::FTask::Init<FTaskGraphCompatibilityImplementation::QueueTask(FBaseGraphTask*, bool, ENamedThreads::Type, ENamedThreads::Type)::‘lambda’()>(char16_t const*, LowLevelTasks::ETaskPriority, FTaskGraphCompatibilityImplementation::QueueTask(FBaseGraphTask*, bool, ENamedThreads::Type, ENamedThreads::Type)::‘lambda’()&&, bool)::‘lambda’(bool), false>::CallAndMove(LowLevelTasks::TTaskDelegate<void (bool), 48u>&, void*, unsigned int, bool) [/home/ez/UnrealEngine-release/Engine/Source/Runtime/Core/Public/Async/Fundamental/TaskDelegate.h:171]
libUnrealEditor-Core.so!bool LowLevelTasks::FScheduler::TryExecuteTaskFrom<&(LowLevelTasks::TLocalQueueRegistry<1024u>::TLocalQueue::DequeueGlobal(bool, bool)), false>(LowLevelTasks::TLocalQueueRegistry<1024u>::TLocalQueue*, LowLevelTasks::TLocalQueueRegistry<1024u>::FOutOfWork&, bool, bool) [/home/ez/UnrealEngine-release/Engine/Source/./Runtime/Core/Private/Async/Fundamental/Scheduler.cpp:278]
libUnrealEditor-Core.so!LowLevelTasks::FScheduler::WorkerMain(LowLevelTasks::FSleepEvent*, LowLevelTasks::TLocalQueueRegistry<1024u>::TLocalQueue*, unsigned int, bool) [/home/ez/UnrealEngine-release/Engine/Source/./Runtime/Core/Private/Async/Fundamental/Scheduler.cpp:320]
libUnrealEditor-Core.so!FThreadImpl::Run() [/home/ez/UnrealEngine-release/Engine/Source/./Runtime/Core/Private/HAL/Thread.cpp:66]
libUnrealEditor-Core.so!FRunnableThreadPThread::Run() [/home/ez/UnrealEngine-release/Engine/Source/./Runtime/Core/Private/HAL/PThreadRunnableThread.cpp:25]
libUnrealEditor-Core.so!FRunnableThreadPThread::_ThreadProc(void*) [/home/ez/UnrealEngine-release/Engine/Source/Runtime/Core/Private/HAL/PThreadRunnableThread.h:185]
libc.so.6!UnknownFunction(0x8c54c)
libc.so.6!clone(+0x43)

the easiest solution would be to change your RHI to Directx12

i also had this issue in ubuntu 22.04 , and i tried the ue5-main branch from github, ,there is no problem with the newest code,you could also try the release-5.0.3 branch

Same issue here on 5.0.3.

the technical support told me that:

This is a known issue tracked in UE-155869 [Unreal Engine Issues and Bug Tracker Unreal Engine Issues and Bug Tracker (UE-155869). The issue has been fixed and is available in UE 5.1.

1 Like

The issue has been fixed and is available in UE 5.1.

Kindof a bummer that they’re waiting for a minor release to publish this fix. As it stands, I can’t even select a camera in orthographic mode or Editor will crash. I also get this error if I change an Editor viewport to an orthogonal view. Seems like this should get higher priority.

5 Likes

this is replicating on 5.3.1