UE 4.7+ assets in Ark dev kit

Any way this is possible? Just grabbed some assets that are only for UE 4.7, when I copy them over the editor just instantly crashes. Ark dev kit not being 4.7+ is proving to be a real pain for me.

I’ve managed to get a few things from a project of ours in UE4 4.8.3 into the ADK (PFX from the marketplace), but other than that, pretty much everything just doesn’t show up for me that I try to bring in. I’ve made the Dev’s aware of this, so hopefully they can try to get it working as intended.

things i have used i just click the mods folder in devkit go “show in explorer” move whatever assets u want into the folder then fix up re-directors and it works i dont see how u guys are getting problems want me to check if i can get it to work? the assets i am bringing in are from a game i made before but they are early ue4 my udk files cannot be used though :frowning:

They don’t even show up in the engine is the problem. I can’t fix re-directors if the files literally won’t even show up at all. Again, some stuff imports fine manually or via import, or via migrate, BUT most does not for me personally.

Edit: I tried, still no go. Folders show up fine, but no content shows up in Content Browser in UE4 to have it re-direct. It’s like the engine is not acknowledging the files presence (this is even after restarting the ADK after moving it manually into the folder).

cant get the update to work lol i havent had a problem with bringing something in yet my dragon was from 4.7 and the animations and everything came across fine the only 2 things i use is moving it in explorer and import but i did check my dragon in maya and 3ds max before i bought it across to smooth it out a bit more and put more bones in :slight_smile:

Yeah have set of assets that also will move over fine (.uasset files) but when you go to view them in the asset explorer, they’re just not there.

if multiple things eg a box did u hook the bp and the mesh ect back together?

It’s a set of materials, textures and meshes that I bought from the marketplace. I tried copying it from the project I put them into, to the ADK, but none of the above show up in the content browser whatsoever. I had read another thread that said that these materials specifically require 4.7+ so I may be out of luck :frowning:

materials sometimes unhook in there graph just check that, meshes i always open in 3ds max or maya before import so that may be what saves me there (make sure there fbx files), and textures are the same u have to have all the files and reconstruct it… if it dont work get back to me ill make a vid or if u got the files handy ill see if i can get it to work for u?

I’m not (and no one else is allowed to) sending any Market Place content I paid for to a complete stranger, sorry. I appreciate the valiant effort to want to help, but I feel like it is completely inappropriate to be asking that, especially since Epic Games licensing terms on their content is limited to just Game Development team members.

Edit: ^ that was my very nice way of giving you a verbal warning on the subject. Past this point if I see you ask again about sending Marketplace Content outside of a team you are working, I will take further action if need be. PS: I really don’t like having to pull the moderator card, but I have to in this situation as its bordering on breaking the Unreal Engine forums rules.

Also it’s not something simple we are over looking, again me and null both stated; we can manually move the files over just fine, BUT they will NOT show up in the built in Content Browser inside of the ADK. Importing/Migrating results in the same thing.

Yeah can’t send any of the marketplace stuff man, pretty sure that breaks some rules :slight_smile: And yeah exactly, even if I copy over the uasset of just a mesh, the mesh does not show up for me to even set materials. Materials do not show up for me to set textures, and so on.

say do think what u will idc i wont help ppl no more since its not right to u

The attitude is unwarranted entirely. I gave what I felt to be a very gentle verbal warning.

I showed appreciation for your desire to help, and gratitude for it as well, and gave you a very light warning. I really don’t understand why you feel the need to have this bad attitude, but that is up to you, and entirely your decision. That is obviously not against the rules and within your rights :wink:

You DO however HAVE to follow the forum rules. So please do not disregard them, and if you have not already, please read them.

i dont have an attitude it entirely depends on u (26 2 kids) i do however have the right to help whoever i wish and say whatever i wish in a community of willing participants (rules state over 13 and u must signup) ppl also have the right to do “AS THEY WISH” with the things they buy/make and can enlist help from whoever they please i however do not need to be singled out and shunned or ignored for helping ppl i also do not need a “Warning” for teaming up with ppl to fix problems if u wish attitude i could correct u by telling u that ur
"The attitude is unwarranted entirely. I gave what I felt to be a very gentle verbal warning.

I showed appreciation for your desire to help, and gratitude for it as well, and gave you a very light warning. I really don’t understand why you feel the need to have this bad attitude, but that is up to you, and entirely your decision. That is obviously not against the rules and within your rights

You DO however HAVE to follow the forum rules. So please do not disregard them, and if you have not already, please read them."

is a direct followup attack for no reason and ur a mod i also certantly do not need childish replys from mods on forums this is for a message and u didnt link the rules ty for ur help and support and learning in ur en devour to achieve

well then, I just wanted my assets I bought to work, not start a flame war ha. CAN’T WE ALL JUST GET ALONG <3

same here lol but i cant help u null ill get in trouble :stuck_out_tongue:

No flame war here, just was being clear about forum rules, and stating my opinion on his attitude. Again more than welcome to have it, it’s well within everyone’s rights as a human being & it’s not against the forum rules (a given :P), just was letting gankey69 know I felt it was unwarranted and out of line :slight_smile: (well within my rights as a human being as well good sir).

Also I’m sorry you feel I was being childish gankey, but that is your perspective. I was giving a friendly reminder about the forum rules, since you asked someone who is not on your modding team/game development team to share Marketplace Content, which is a violation of Epic Games, Terms of Service, and is bordering on breaking forum rules. That is part of my role as a moderator.

Edit: Legally to clarify, it is against Epic Games TOS to give out Marketplace Content to anyone who is NOT on your Game Design team (or mod team in this case). That is a fact. Hence why I gave you the friendly reminder.

@Null My apologies good sir, wish it was working already :stuck_out_tongue:

haha ah well, I just was so pumped because I bought this wicked looking grass that worked EXACTLY how I wanted it to, but nope. I did find some other stuff that works, but it’s not nearly as sexy :slight_smile:

I do have to say I find it very surprising that the Ark devs have not upgraded the engine to 4.7 at least. You’d figure with the performance issues they’ve had, and gaining lots of features that seem quite beneficial to them (new foliage shaders!!) that they would have made an effort to upgrade. Though I’ve heard elsewhere they wrote some of their own shaders, so maybe they have a problem easily upgrading their engine version? Dunno, sucks for us modders, especially because most of the content on the marketplace is geared towards 4.7, I don’t think it even came out until 4.6?

Not continuing but asking… i been helping everywhere and have helped many ppl get things working and failed at some to but thats a given I assumed that i was “teaming” with them getting it working or not, I assumed that it was ok and well within the legality’s of there purchases/makes ect as long as i do not use it for my own things? eg ppl have given me there mods materials to take a look at i dont no where it comes from just that it is something i have been handed to bug squash verification would be lovely as this is a matter that would greatly affect the ability to help

I’ve gotten some 4.7 content and 4.8.3 to import and work as intended (just particle effects at this point). It seems as if the problem really lies with how the ADK is reading the files or in this case, refusing to recognize them. The marketplace was around before 4.5 I believe actually (I have some 4.5 MP content). And 4.5.1 content has trouble too, hence my logic on this one.

Troubleshooting =/= teaming. Again no one ever said the help wasn’t welcome, and no one has ever stated that the help isn’t welcome. That was all something you designed in your own mind if you think that was implied or stated ever.

I’ve made myself very clear here plenty of times, but one more here for good measure; I was just doing my role as a moderator, nothing more. I didn’t take anything you said personally. Follow the forum rules and Marketplace TOS and everything is all good :stuck_out_tongue:

Please do continue to help, or not help as much as you please.