UE 4.6 to 4.7 conversion startup crash

Hello!

I am trying to run my 4.6.1 blueprint project in 4.7 and I get a crash as soon as I open one of the following:

• Map
  • Blueprints (Character, Gamemode, Actor(s), i am guessing all of them)
  • MacroLibrary
  • UserWidget

I get the following crash message:

Assertion failed: Pin != nullptr [File:D:\BuildFarm\buildmachine_++depot+UE4-Releases+4.7\Engine\Source\Editor\BlueprintGraph\Private\K2Node_DynamicCast.cpp] [Line: 201]

The only way I can get the project running is by loading an empty level. I can however open the following:

• Meshes
  • Textures
  • Materials
  • Structs
  • Enums
  • Curves

Once I open a corrupted object or drag it into the level, my Editor freezes for ~6-8 seconds and then crashes. What would be a way to fix this issue / what could cause it that I can fix in my 4.6.1 blueprints before I convert it to 4.7?

Thanks a lot! :slight_smile:

I have the same problem. Almost everything causes crash. Main BP like myController, myHud, myCharacter and more than 50 blueprints connected in any way with them. I spend all day long and still nothing. For me 4.7 should call 5 because is not compatible with previous versions. So sad :frowning:

Seems all because of using references to objects instead of interfaces. Get all actors of class is deprecated, but why?