UE 4.26 Metahuman Hair, Eyelashes not moving with Metahuman Rig

Metahuman_hair_not_working
The hair of my metahuman stays fixed in place, when i use it with the metahuman rig. I dont have this provblem when I just move the metahuman around as a whole, only with the rig and it was working before for a long time and just happened all of a sudden. Tried it with UE4.26 and UE5 and uninstalled everything but the problem remains the same.

1 Like

I just came across this issue myself, and think I have the solution. For some reason the custom MetaHuman I added to my project did not have any of the Groom Bindings in place, so in animation, the hair, eyebrows, etc. did not move along with the head.

Opening the MetaHuman’s Blueprint, and selecting each of the hair groom components, I could see that the Groom Binding selection in Details under Groom was blank. From the dropdown next to this empty box I selected the corresponding Groom Binding for each hair component (Hair, Eyebrows, Eyelashes, etc.). For instance, my Hair groom asset was Hair_M_BobCurly, so the corresponding binding was Hair_M_BobCurly_f_head_Archetype_Binding

Once compiled, the hair moved with the head along with the animation appropriately. Hope it helps.

10 Likes

You are the best, thank you, that was the solution!

1 Like

The unbinding of the groom assets seems to have a been the problem for me too, but I was unable to rebind them. One of the solutions in this thread helped though: Metahuman missing Binding asset for some Groom asset - #8 by Rurrechuv

Thanks man for sharing this!! I had that same problem in UE5! :pray: :pray:

thx man . very helpful . for me it work :heart_eyes:

In 5.3 there seems to be the same issue but it’s not as simple as just setting the binding asset. I found a stable fix and made a tutorial outlining the steps:

Hope this helps!

2 Likes