I can’t run UE 4.15 on my Mac. It worked before, but today when I try to start by clicking yellow button, it goes to load on 35% and then close with crash report (loads of filenames are not found).
Reloading, reinstalling, creating new account does not work.
In order for us to best support this issue, please provide the following information:
- Are you trying to install through Github or through the Launcher?
- If trying to deploy from the Launcher, do other versions of the engine work from the Launcher?
- Have you tried to launch directly from the Editor.exe from the Engine Install Directory in the Binaries Folder?
- Are you getting a Crash Report pop-up and, if so, did you hit “Submit” to send this data to our Crash Reporter Site?
Things to try while you wait for a response,
- If you have not already, download and install an earlier version of the Engine.
- Delete the DerivedDataCache folder from the current Engine’s install directory.
- Make sure you have followed the installation instructions exactly from the following documentation: Installing Unreal Engine
- Verify your install by selecting the down arrow on the yellow bar of the Engine icon in your Engine Library and choosing “Verify.”
- Make sure before you try to reinstall any Engine version on your Mac that you remove all residual files from hidden folder locations as explained on the following post: How do I uninstall UE4 on a Mac?
Since we have not heard back from you in a while, we are marking this post “resolved” for tracking purposes. However, if you are still experiencing a problem running UE4.15 on your Mac, please respond with the requested information and we will continue to investigate.