I’m trying to connect my game to a WebAPI, sending POST messages to url via HTTP protocol but apparently none method works. I googled for hours finding solution, but it seems like none of the solutions work. What I want to do:
- Hosted WebAPI server on a domain server.mydomain.com (just example)
- On the server there is controller which has a method that returns value 100 as a string.
- I want using either GET or POST get that value from the server and apply it on an Actor in the game.
What I tried:
- Rama’s solution - it seems like some methods from the FHttpModule has been modified since and doesn’t seem to work.
- Created own library in C++ with CLI support from C# classes to communicate with WebAPI - didn’t work either
- Downloaded plugins by other users, which didn’t work either
- Thought that WebAPI might be the problem, so created a php scripts to do the same job, didn’t work. (I’m sure the php code is proper because it worked on another app I used)
I wonder what am I missing. Can somebody help please? I don’t know how to use the FHttpModule myself.