UE-36760 Related Info

Hello UE developers

Recently, I was improving my UI and some other stuff.Then suddenly, I came across a problem. When I click a game object, it is being selected by me. However after this problem, only if I double click, I can select the game object. It felt like my clicks are being absorbed by UI, but even when I removed all my widgets, the problem continued.

I tried using older branches and commits through github, but interestingly even the older versions had the same problem, which they did not have before. In the level blueprint, when I changed Set Input Mode Game Only to Set Input Mode Game and UI, everything became fine. This raised the question “Is this related to a bug in 4.14.1?”. Because, it all happened a shortwhile after I updated to 4.14.1.

When I was searching for this problem, I came across this: [UE-36760][3]. Exactly the same things happens to me. Hope it helps. Thanks in advance.

Hello ,

After running a quick test I found that this issue is still occurring. We will be reopening the issue that you mentioned in your post. Thank you for your time and information. I have provided a link to the public tracker for ease of access for future users.

Link: Unreal Engine Issues and Bug Tracker (UE-36760)

Update: After further testing, I found that this issue has been resolved internally and the solution will be available in a later release of the engine. The public tracker has been updated with a target fix. This means that the issue is known to be happening in 4.14.1.

Make it a great day

Thanks Rudy :slight_smile: