UDK RESURRECTION | Tutorial Project

A few months ago during Spring Quarter of this year, Epic Games has eradicated the old UDK Forums, destroying along with it our valuable history with the namesake kit, and Unreal Engine 3 (including the remainder of my entire game dev history and upbringing). This means no one will be able to know the great and fantastic things UE3 was capable of for indie game developers, besides perhaps YouTube tutorials that are mostly outdated and hardly useful due to many of the tools necessary for the engine becoming obsolete, unavailable, and/or inaccessible.

NĂ©otl Empire and the UDK Veterans are working together to remedy this via the UDK RESURRECTION project, by creating new tutorials for both those familiar with Unreal Engine 3 or Unreal Development Kit during Generation 7 (and early days of Generation 8) of gaming wishing to re-learn or re-master Unreal Engine 3, as well as newcomers wishing to learn how to use the Unreal Development Kit.

In the future, we will also provide alternative solutions to the inaccessible tools to allow for UDK/UE3 development.

The 1st tutorial will premiere tomorrow at Saturday midnight [12AM ET]. Click on the bell in the YouTube video to be updated minutes prior to the premiere.

Also, feel free to join the UDK Veterans Discord Server for more interactive updates on the RESURRECTION project, and UDK-related content overall.

5 Likes

It’s interesting.

2 Likes

I am also from the old UDK Guard, the Veterans of UE3 Game Development and it is very good to see new content being made for UDK Engine!!!

3 Likes

EDIT: I re-created this video because the original was too long; nearly an hour long. I shortened it.

Our second video has arrived for UDK RESURRECTION! We will be teaching how to make a simple level environment using two methods:

• Static Meshes via exterior or outdoor level creation.
  • BSPs via interior or indoor level creation.
2 Likes

Our third video has arrived for UDK RESURRECTION! Our third video has arrived for UDK RESURRECTION! We will be teaching the basics of meshes and materials and how to use them.

2 Likes

Our fourth tutorial for the UDK Resurrection project, and Fundamentals series!
We will be teaching the basics of animation, particularly animation sets and animation trees and how to use them.

3 Likes

:clap::clap::clap:

Our fifth tutorial for the UDK Resurrection project, and Fundamentals series!
We will be teaching the basics of level scripting, using Unreal Kismet to setup two switches that will switch a character’s skeletal mesh.

1 Like