UDC Plugin - Not able to Package UDC -

I’m going through the instructions here: https://github.com/epicgames/UGCExample/blob/release/Documentation/QuickStart.md

At the bottom where it says “Adding Mod Support To Your Project”, I have done the following:

1. I’ve copied the contents from UGCExample/Plugins/SimpleUGC and UGCExample/Build/Scripts into the corresponding directories of my project.
  2. Copied my project into my UE4 source code, under a Projects/ directory. I added this directory to the UE4Games.projectdirs.
  3. Ran GenerateProjectFiles.bat with no errors reported.
  4. Opened the UE4.sln and rebuilt the UnrealPak and UE4 projects.
  5. Verified the automation scripts are in Programs/Automation.
  6. Opened Properties for SimpleUGC.Automation, and set the Output Path on the Debug and Development configruations to my Engine\Binaries\DotNET\AutomationScripts\ in my source build.
  7. Built my AutomationTool project.
  8. Built my game in Development Mode, and then in Development Editor and ran.

These are all of the steps verbatim in the instruction game at the top of this post. I create a new UGC mod, move a map and some other things in there, click “Package UGC” and then a flurry of errors come out saying the following:

“UATHelper: Packaging DarkStage (Windows): LogWindows: Error: begin: stack for UAT
UATHelper: Packaging DarkStage (Windows): LogWindows: Error: === Critical error: ===
UATHelper: Packaging DarkStage (Windows): LogWindows: Error:
UATHelper: Packaging DarkStage (Windows): LogWindows: Error: Assertion failed: bSucceeded [File:C:/UnrealEngineSource/UnrealEngine/Engine/Source/Editor/UnrealEd/Private/CookOnTheFlyServer.cpp] [Line: 6870]
UATHelper: Packaging DarkStage (Windows): LogWindows: Error: Failed to load DevelopmentAssetRegistry for platform WindowsNoEditor
UATHelper: Packaging DarkStage (Windows): LogWindows: Error: [Callstack] 0x00007ffd67a34f99 KERNELBASE.dll!UnknownFunction []
UATHelper: Packaging DarkStage (Windows): LogWindows: Error: [Callstack] 0x00007ffce356cfc6 UE4Editor-Core.dll!ReportAssert() [C:\UnrealEngineSource\UnrealEngine\Engine\Source\Runtime\Core\Private\Windows\WindowsPlatformCrashContext.cpp:1644]
UATHelper: Packaging DarkStage (Windows): LogWindows: Error: [Callstack] 0x00007ffce3571048 UE4Editor-Core.dll!FWindowsErrorOutputDevice::Serialize() [C:\UnrealEngineSource\UnrealEngine\Engine\Source\Runtime\Core\Private\Windows\WindowsErrorOutputDevice.cpp:78]
UATHelper: Packaging DarkStage (Windows): LogWindows: Error: [Callstack] 0x00007ffce329171d UE4Editor-Core.dll!FOutputDevice::LogfImpl() [C:\UnrealEngineSource\UnrealEngine\Engine\Source\Runtime\Core\Private\Misc\OutputDevice.cpp:61]
UATHelper: Packaging DarkStage (Windows): LogWindows: Error: [Callstack] 0x00007ffce31e5ce5 UE4Editor-Core.dll!AssertFailedImplV() [C:\UnrealEngineSource\UnrealEngine\Engine\Source\Runtime\Core\Private\Misc\AssertionMacros.cpp:104]
UATHelper: Packaging DarkStage (Windows): LogWindows: Error: [Callstack] 0x00007ffce31e7330 UE4Editor-Core.dll!FDebug::CheckVerifyFailedImpl() [C:\UnrealEngineSource\UnrealEngine\Engine\Source\Runtime\Core\Private\Misc\AssertionMacros.cpp:461]
UATHelper: Packaging DarkStage (Windows): LogWindows: Error: [Callstack] 0x00007ffcd8c536de UE4Editor-UnrealEd.dll!DispatchCheckVerify<void,<lambda_753139e84bcb62516695c9b0e45e6a8e> >() [C:\UnrealEngineSource\UnrealEngine\Engine\Source\Runtime\Core\Public\Misc\AssertionMacros.h:165]
UATHelper: Packaging DarkStage (Windows): LogWindows: Error: [Callstack] 0x00007ffcd7e836b9 UE4Editor-UnrealEd.dll!<lambda_996abac5a6ac5a60c6d5a65d5be8a71e>::operator()() [C:\UnrealEngineSource\UnrealEngine\Engine\Source\Editor\UnrealEd\Private\CookOnTheFlyServer.cpp:6870]
UATHelper: Packaging DarkStage (Windows): LogWindows: Error: [Callstack] 0x00007ffcd7ed5551 UE4Editor-UnrealEd.dll!UCookOnTheFlyServer::StartCookByTheBook() [C:\UnrealEngineSource\UnrealEngine\Engine\Source\Editor\UnrealEd\Private\CookOnTheFlyServer.cpp:6894]
UATHelper: Packaging DarkStage (Windows): LogWindows: Error: [Callstack] 0x00007ffcd7d0d4e9 UE4Editor-UnrealEd.dll!UCookCommandlet::CookByTheBook() [C:\UnrealEngineSource\UnrealEngine\Engine\Source\Editor\UnrealEd\Private\Commandlets\CookCommandlet.cpp:966]
UATHelper: Packaging DarkStage (Windows): LogWindows: Error: [Callstack] 0x00007ffcd7d37a08 UE4Editor-UnrealEd.dll!UCookCommandlet::Main() [C:\UnrealEngineSource\UnrealEngine\Engine\Source\Editor\UnrealEd\Private\Commandlets\CookCommandlet.cpp:663]
UATHelper: Packaging DarkStage (Windows): LogWindows: Error: [Callstack] 0x00007ff7d6b39c7a UE4Editor-Cmd.exe!FEngineLoop::PreInitPostStartupScreen() [C:\UnrealEngineSource\UnrealEngine\Engine\Source\Runtime\Launch\Private\LaunchEngineLoop.cpp:3436]
UATHelper: Packaging DarkStage (Windows): LogWindows: Error: [Callstack] 0x00007ff7d6b30d5d UE4Editor-Cmd.exe!GuardedMain() [C:\UnrealEngineSource\UnrealEngine\Engine\Source\Runtime\Launch\Private\Launch.cpp:132]
UATHelper: Packaging DarkStage (Windows): LogWindows: Error: [Callstack] 0x00007ff7d6b310ea UE4Editor-Cmd.exe!GuardedMainWrapper() [C:\UnrealEngineSource\UnrealEngine\Engine\Source\Runtime\Launch\Private\Windows\LaunchWindows.cpp:137]
UATHelper: Packaging DarkStage (Windows): LogWindows: Error: [Callstack] 0x00007ff7d6b3410d UE4Editor-Cmd.exe!LaunchWindowsStartup() [C:\UnrealEngineSource\UnrealEngine\Engine\Source\Runtime\Launch\Private\Windows\LaunchWindows.cpp:273]
UATHelper: Packaging DarkStage (Windows): LogWindows: Error: [Callstack] 0x00007ff7d6b454b4 UE4Editor-Cmd.exe!WinMain() [C:\UnrealEngineSource\UnrealEngine\Engine\Source\Runtime\Launch\Private\Windows\LaunchWindows.cpp:320]
UATHelper: Packaging DarkStage (Windows): LogWindows: Error: [Callstack] 0x00007ff7d6b473e2 UE4Editor-Cmd.exe!__scrt_common_main_seh() [d:\a01_work\6\s\src\vctools\crt\vcstartup\src\startup\exe_common.inl:288]
UATHelper: Packaging DarkStage (Windows): LogWindows: Error: [Callstack] 0x00007ffd68117034 KERNEL32.DLL!UnknownFunction []
UATHelper: Packaging DarkStage (Windows): LogWindows: Error: [Callstack] 0x00007ffd69ec2651 ntdll.dll!UnknownFunction []
UATHelper: Packaging DarkStage (Windows): LogWindows: Error: end: stack for UAT
UATHelper: Packaging DarkStage (Windows): Took 11.5089875s to run UE4Editor-Cmd.exe, ExitCode=3
UATHelper: Packaging DarkStage (Windows): ERROR: Cook failed.”

I’m not exactly sure what to do at this point because I’ve followed the instructions exactly as written, and the plugin isn’t working. Is there some extra config step I’m missing here? Any help would be very appreciated!

+1

Any idea why this error is coming up?
I have one machine that builds the plugin just fine and another that gets this error. I can’t seem to find the difference.

LogCook: Display: Clearing all cooked content for platform WindowsNoEditor
LogCook: Display: Sandbox cleanup took 0.013 seconds for platforms WindowsNoEditor
LogOutputDevice: Warning:

Script Stack (0 frames):

LogWindows: Error: begin: stack for UAT
LogWindows: Error: === Critical error: ===
LogWindows: Error:
LogWindows: Error: Assertion failed: bSucceeded [File:D:/Build/++UE4/Sync/Engine/Source/Editor/UnrealEd/Private/CookOnTheFlyServer.cpp] [Line: 6870]
LogWindows: Error: Failed to load DevelopmentAssetRegistry for platform WindowsNoEditor
LogWindows: Error:

Anyone? I am having the same problem :frowning:

Did you ever fix this?

Had the same, but then I realized that AssetRegistry was missing

Hey Tefel, how did you create the AssetRegistry?

You just copy Asset Registry and it works.

Hi! Can you please tell me where to copy from? Source and destination

Hello,

I Have the same Problems, you find solutions to resolve this Critical Error ?

Regards

I never did. I just didn’t use that computer to build the project.

I fixed this. It explains why it only worked on one of your computers as well.

You need to build the game before you can build DLC. A computer that has not built the game cannot build DLC. Once you build the game, a DLC build will work!