Ubuntu can't install dependencies

I am following the directions here to install the Unreal Engine 4 Editor on to my Linux. Scrolling down to the setting up on Ubuntu directions, it gives a command to install the dependencies needed to run Setup.sh successfully. When I type the command given into my terminal, it displays the following:

$ sudo apt-get install build-essential mono-gmcs mono-xbuild mono-dmcs libmono-corlib4.0-cil libmono-system-data-datasetextensions4.0-cil 

Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree       
Reading state information... Done
Package libmono-corlib4.0-cil is not available, but is referred to by another package.
This may mean that the package is missing, has been obsoleted, or
is only available from another source
However the following packages replace it:
  mono-reference-assemblies-4.0 mono-devel

Package mono-gmcs is not available, but is referred to by another package.
  mono-xbuild mono-mcs mono-devel

E: Package 'mono-gmcs' has no installation candidate
E: Package 'libmono-corlib4.0-cil' has no installation candidate

I’m using Xubuntu 16.04, please tell me what I have to do to get this command working.

Hey MightyAlex200-

It appears mono-gmcs and libmono-corlib4.0-cil are not recognized and have been replaced. Can you try running the command $sudo apt-get install mono-reference-assemblies-4.0 mono-devel mono-xbuild mono-mcs mono-devel in place of those two.

Cheers

Sorry if I’m necro posting but my problem is the same except I’m on debian sid (kernel 4.7).
I tried installing the packages you suggested and apt claims they are all the latest…

sudo apt-get install mono-reference-assemblies-4.0 mono-devel mono-xbuild mono-mcs mono-devel
Building dependency tree       
mono-devel is already the newest version (4.2.1.102+dfsg2-8).
mono-mcs is already the newest version (4.2.1.102+dfsg2-8).
mono-xbuild is already the newest version (4.2.1.102+dfsg2-8).
mono-reference-assemblies-4.0 is already the newest version (3.12.1+dfsg-1).
0 upgraded, 0 newly installed, 0 to remove and 9 not upgraded.

But Setup.sh can’t find corlib4.0 still

/Setup.sh
Attempting installation of missing package: libmono-corlib4.0-cil
+ sudo apt-get install -y libmono-corlib4.0-cil
Building dependency tree       
Package libmono-corlib4.0-cil is not available, but is referred to by another package.
  mono-reference-assemblies-4.0 mono-devel

E: Package 'libmono-corlib4.0-cil' has no installation candidate

Let me know if I should just open up a new answer. Also, I have installed all of the other dependencies listed in the wiki.

Thanks!

Hey flydecahedron-

Because you are using Debian and our testing is done with Ubuntu, Setup.sh is looking for a package that is likely obsolete in your distro. You should be able to open and edit Setup.sh to look for the replacement packages instead.

Hey ,

Thanks for the timely response. I’m seeing real quick if simply using the == 16.04 case in UnrealEngine/Engine/Build/BatchFiles/Linux/Setup.sh will work. Glancing over the deps it looks like it. If not I’ll check out what would be the appropriate packages in the unstable repo. I’ll report back when I know more. I suppose I should put my findings in the wiki when I figure it out as well.

So everything is working for me now. All the shaders compiled and everything. For some reason the Setup.sh script was using the < 16.04 case. Thanks for the help.

sudo apt-get install mono-reference-assemblies-4.0 mono-devel

try using this command,it worked for me