Ubuntu 12.04 makefile error

Hi,

I am trying to set up UE4 4.8 for Ubuntu 12.04 following the “Building on Linux” page.
I managed to make the Setup and GenerateProjectFiles work but in the Make SlateViewer step, it reported five errors, here is the error message:

Building SlateViewer...
Using clang version '3.3' (string), 3 (major), 3 (minor), -1 (patch)
Building UnrealHeaderTool...
ERROR: System.ComponentModel.Win32Exception: ApplicationName='/home/ye/UnrealEngine/Engine/Binaries/DotNET/UnrealBuildTool.exe', CommandLine='UnrealHeaderTool Linux Development -NoMutex', CurrentDirectory=''
  at System.Diagnostics.Process.Start_noshell (System.Diagnostics.ProcessStartInfo startInfo, System.Diagnostics.Process process) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at System.Diagnostics.Process.Start_common (System.Diagnostics.ProcessStartInfo startInfo, System.Diagnostics.Process process) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at System.Diagnostics.Process.Start (System.Diagnostics.ProcessStartInfo startInfo) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at UnrealBuildTool.ExternalExecution.RunExternalExecutable (System.String ExePath, System.String Commandline) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at UnrealBuildTool.ExternalExecution.ExecuteHeaderToolIfNecessary (UnrealBuildTool.UEBuildTarget Target, UnrealBuildTool.CPPEnvironment GlobalCompileEnvironment, System.Collections.Generic.List`1 UObjectModules, System.String ModuleInfoFileName, UnrealBuildTool.ECompilationResult& UHTResult) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at UnrealBuildTool.UEBuildTarget.Build (IUEToolChain TargetToolChain, System.Collections.Generic.List`1& OutputItems, System.Collections.Generic.List`1& UObjectModules, System.String& EULAViolationWarning) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at UnrealBuildTool.UnrealBuildTool.RunUBT (System.String[] Arguments) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
make: *** [SlateViewer] Error 5

I think it’s because of the Ubuntu version, I can only install clang 3.3 and 3.0 and they reported the same error.

Thank you

Hey -

It appears that the issue you’re running into is because of mono. Can you try installing mono 3.x and then try building the engine again?

Cheers

Hey -

We’ve not heard from you in a few days and for tracking purposes I will be marking this post as resolved. If you are still having any issues with building the engine please feel free to comment here to reopen the post and we will continue investigating.

Cheers