I’m working on a plugin for a 2D skeletal animation software which I currently develop as a project plugin (putting plugins into project/Plugins/). You can find the full source code here https://github.com/EsotericSoftware/spine-runtimes/tree/spine-ue4/spine-ue4, it’s a simple UE4 project with said plugins.
Today I’ve updated from 4.13.2 to 4.14. I’ve first converted the .uproject to the new version. Then I regenerated the Xcode project, fired up Xcode and compiled the SpineUE4 target (which compiles the plugins plus game code and fires up the editor, loading the plugins).
However, while compilation via UBT was flagged successful, in reality, the compilation crashes compiling the C/C++ files. It appears the Mono process driving the compilation crashes http://sht.tl/nQp6wD
I’m afraid I could not locate the build log file for this. However, it’s very easy to reproduce the issue:
- Clone the project repository https://github.com/EsotericSoftware/spine-runtimes/tree/spine-ue4/spine-ue4
- Generate the Xcode project in Finder via selecting the .uproject file in spine-ue4, then selecting Services → Generate Xcode Project
- In Xcode, select the SpineUE4 project, and add the flags “-debug -verbose” to the SpineUE4_Build target http://sht.tl/I1ZhEh
- Build/Run the SpineUE4 target, switch over to the log view in Xcode, select the executing build and view the log messages containing the build error (but with the build being flagged as successful) http://sht.tl/1SXEsT
- In the UE editor, notice that neither the SpinePlugin nor the SpineEditorPlugin have been loaded, due to the failing build.
This is a bit of a blocker, as we currently can’t build our plugins on UE 4.14. The build system is a bit opaque to me, so it’s hard to pinpoint what’s going wrong. Please advise.