UAssets Not loading in Editor mode

I was working all night on a School assignment and as I was getting close to finishing up It was late and I wanted to just transfer files to another location for organization but as I did so my Assets vanished from my level and despite trying my best to load them back up they were no where to be seen, worst of all they are visible within the file explorer so I fear they might be corrupted for all I know, however I also was aware of unreal engine auto saving frequently and wanted to load up those auto saves in hope of finding the said assignment within the files before the incident but have had nothing but a fruitless effort so far. I’ve been very frustrated ever since trying to figure out how to get all my hard work back but it’s been very confusing when I looked up ways to fix it and got multiple mix answers and yet couldn’t find any of those suggestions where they’re suppose to be, My version of Unreal Engine is 3.2 and at this point I’m just trying to figure out where do I go to even load up a autosave and where to even look to begin with.

I’m going to assume 5.3.2, because otherwise … wow.

Anyway, how did you move the assets? Through file explorer or source control? That’s what it sounds like. The semi-unhelpful answer is that you shouldn’t do that because the references between assets (like from your map to a blueprint) is by path, so if you move it the one asset doesn’t know where to look. If you want to move things around, you should do it from within the Editor. This leaves a temporary asset, called a redirector, and the chance to update those files that need to know where the file is that you’re moving.

If you want to fix things up, you’ll have to move everything back to where it was before you moved it. I hope you were using source control. Information in the log might help you put things back where they’re needed (there should be error messages saying that a file at such-and-such a path doesn’t exist and you can find the file and put it back at that path).