Two Dimensional Scrollable Grid with Blueprints

Greetings,

Could you tell me if it is possible to make two dimensional grids for iOS and Android using Blueprints?

What I want to do would be like this Flutter example, but in Unreal Engine with Blueprints.

https://dartpad.dev/?id=4424936c57ed13093eb389123383e894

I am evaluating Unreal Engine for a project, but I am unaware of its limitations for smartphones and tablets.

I would appreciate it if you could guide me.

Thank you

Hey @BienveSR

what about this?

This way you could just copy/paste your code.

You can also recreate this inside Unreal.

1 Like

Hi @L1z4rD89, thanks for your answer.

The BlzFans/FlutterUnreal option is interesting, but it is not ready for Android and iOS. Furthermore, my intention would be to work directly with Unreal Engine using Blueprints, and if necessary, resort to C++.

Greetings

Hey @BienveSR

something like this:

UE427_ScrollableGrid.zip (1.1 MB)

Just press play to see the scrollable widget. It is one solution, not THE solution. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hello @L1z4rD89 , thanks for taking the time and sharing a solution with me.

Unfortunately, I still can’t use Unreal Engine 5, my Mac can’t handle the engine, I installed it days ago, but when I started it it kept compiling the shadows, taking forever and I have uninstalled it.

I am waiting to buy a new computer, as soon as I have it, I will try the solution that you have shared with me.

I don’t want to abuse your kindness, no obligation, but if you can and feel like it, you could make a short video of your solution and share it with me, so I could see your solution before I have the new equipment.

Thanks again

Hey @BienveSR

the project is for 4.27.

But here you have the different widget blueprints:

WBP_Panel

WBP_HUD

And the level blueprint:

1 Like

Thanks @L1z4rD89, thanks for taking the time and sharing this.

I’m looking forward to trying Unreal Engine, I hope to have the new computer soon.

1 Like