[Twitch] UE4 programming discussion - June 12, 2014

Our code is endian aware and assuming various restrictions (like PS4 and XB1 are never going to interop), you should be able to have network connectivity between Mac/Windows say.

I haven’t thought about it in the context of Steam, so I can’t be certain. Unreal Networking on its own works just fine.

If there are any issues with endian-ness, be sure to bring them up in the forums.

Didn’t know about that topic, thanks!

Any chance we can just download Ryan from the Marketplace? Ryan is the baus.

Any update on the videos yet? Looking forward to them a lot. It would be great to have an overview of the API including a look at some of the classes and the differences between them. I’ve looked at the docs and they are great but I like videos. Mainly interested in the core things like Object, Pawn, Actor, Player and the component systems and also GameMode and how its all tied together in common use cases.

Cheers for all the updates.

I normally hate people who bump but it seems I’ve become one.

Any eta on the videos?

Videos should be out very soon! :slight_smile: They’re just going through a few finishing touches now, and then they’ll be ready. Definitely excited to get them out there for you all!

Thanks Lauren much appreciated. I know some people here at work who are looking forward to them.

hello The ZeTwitch program helped me download videos from Twitch.

[image]