Twitch or tutorial on making a moddable game ?

Now that the editor is free to use, modding Unreal Engine 4 games should be even easier.

It would be very helpful to have Epic guidelines and/or tutorials on how to make a moddable game (this may be also used for Unreal Tournament).

IMHO there should be 2 levels in modding:
Basic level

• changing textures to existing assets (maybe implement a runtime texture importer)
  • changing some parameters to actors or components (i.e. damage, health etc) , maybe loading data from ini files
  • importing new skeletal meshes (this will require the editor)

Advanced
use blueprints for scripting and integrate in existing project (how can one do that without giving away his source code ?)

I believe many others have the same doubts i have, a common approach would benefit everyone, how would you guys at Epic do it ?

thanks
Fred

I second this. I’ve always wondered how mod scripting would work.

Do you mean beyond going to the UE4 Launcher>Unreal Tournament>Create… Step 2: What do you want to Mod? “Build Your Own Weapon?” “Build Your Own Cosmetic Item?” “Build You Own Level?” Step 3: Share with your friends?

If so, what are the short comings to these. What specifically do you want to see beyond these. Let me know, and I’ll put in a feature request -Thanks!