I had a project in 4.5.1 that was based on the “Twin Stick Shooter” template. I hadn’t gotten very far with it, so when 4.6 was released, I decided to just update the engine and start over.
All I’ve done so far is:
- created the new project from the “Twin Stick Shooter” template
- created an emissive material for the projectile (I doubt this is relevant, just wanted to play around with the new emissive lighting in 4.6)
- played the game in the editor, no problems
- opened up the “TwinStickPawn” blueprint
- added a “PrintString” node
- hit “compile”
… and I end up with the error shown below. I tried removing the problem node and recreating it and the error persists. I don’t see anything wrong with the “hit” pin. And, oddly, it worked just fine before I opened up the blueprint and recompiled it. It also worked fine in 4.5.1, no matter how much I changed the blueprint.