Twinmotion to UE5 problem

Hi,

After updating the plugin Twinmotion Materials for Unreal Engine and Datasmith Twinmotion Importer Plugin (Beta 4) I have no more material on the landscape
error

No compatible asset for path ‘/TwinmotionToUnrealContent/Twinmotion/Terrain/M_Terrain.M_Terrain’

I tried reinstall but nothing

Please HELP

1 Like

Hi Nev.Pol,

The Twinmotion Materials for Unreal Engine package is not related to the Twinmotion To Unreal plugin.

Please install Twinmotion Content for Unreal Engine Plugin (Beta 4) in Code Plugins - UE Marketplace and Datasmith Twinmotion Importer Plugin (Beta 4) in Code Plugins - UE Marketplace and enable both plugins.

As a reminder, the documentation included in both Marketplace pages explains in detail what plugins you need, how to install, enable, and use the Twinmotion To Unreal workflow.

Hope this helps !

Cheers,
Antoine

1 Like

Hi Antoine

I did everything as you wrote. I set up the Twinmotion project in the UE4 project a long time ago. This project is also open in UE5 without any problems.
But when I upgraded both plugins a few days ago the landscape material disappeared and an error occurred.
After that I deleted both plugins and reinstalled but the error is still there.
All other materials from the twinmotion project are ok.

Hi again Nev.Pol,

Sorry about that, after checking on my end, it looks like we have an issue with the landscape material not properly compiling.

We are looking at making a fix and pushing it ASAP. I do not have an ETA to give you yet, but the next time the plugins will have an update it will likely be including the Landscape material fix.

Cheers,
Antoine

1 Like

Thx,

Antoine

hi,
after last update of 12/12/22 i got the same issue. can you support?

i got all texture greyed out and “No compatible asset for path ‘/TwinmotionToUnrealContent/Twinmotion …” error.
Before the update i was able to import without issues.
thank you

I have the same problem.

@Antoine_Guillo hi! can you support on this?
thanks

I have the same problem- Case # 00520664: UE5 instantly crashes after downloading the Twin Motion Datasmith Content Plug in. I have a very powerful system and no apparent reason for the crash has been received

Hello to all who have visited this thread, this may help you out. (Possible solution)

Preface:

I had recently encountered a similar situation with my usage of Unreal Engine 5.1.1 where I was asked to update my plugin in the Epic Games launcher’s Unreal Engine “Library” Tab. The plugin For Twinmotion Content needed some minor update. I saw that my downloads section did indeed show a sub 500mb download. Great I thought since I had recently updated my Twinmotion to the latest release 2023.1 Preview 2 (as of April 12 2023). However, upon opening my project in UE 5 I was met with several warnings and errors. In my ignorance I pressed the escape key and I was then greeted with missing assets when everything was loaded. I noticed that all my trees were gone (they were painted via foliage tool but they were from Twinmotion’s Vegetation library) and the landscape also had missing texture. My grass and bushes stayed within the level because they were imported directly into my project folders via Quixel Bridge Megascans.

Investigation:

I checked in my content browser under the Engine > Plugins > TwinmotionContentContent. In the library there are missing folders and assets that were previously there. Therefore, I did some searching and was just getting unreasonable recommendations and this thread was the closest to see a discussion about this topic.

Failed attempts:

I tried the following to “fix” the issue. I went into my plugins settings and disabled, restarted, re-enabled, restarted again and same problem. Next I tried to uninstall all the plugins from the epic games launcher’s Unreal Engine Library section. I selected the current Engine and removed all 3 of the Twinmotion plugins (The importer, datasmith, and content) and reinstalled them all from the marketplace. Alas, this did not solve the issue. In frustration I even reinstalled the entire engine and again the plugins. I’m lucky to have fast internet without data cap. I feel sorry for those who have to redownload the plugin every time there is a problem and are asked to reinstall it and have to download.

So what now?

I decided to go and find where these plugins are installed when they are downloaded from UE marketplace. I found them in

InstallDirectory:\Epic\UE_5.1\Engine\Plugins\Marketplace

There I noticed something odd. There was the folder named TwinmotiontoUnrealBeta (This is the folder that shows up as “Twinmotion Content Content” in the editor within the content browser) and this folder has the missing assets within it. In the engine and the install directory. So even if I use the function of validation by right clicking the folder and pressing the “Validate Assets in Folder” I do not see my missing assets and the console gives me a “Success” message with only some 400 ish assets scanned. However, the folders are also missing in my file explorer.

Solution - My Eureka moment:

I had noticed that in my plugins folder within the file explorer was another Twinmotion content folder that was the one that actually had all the content that was missing from the one in the engine. The name of this folder is “TMtoUEContent” and inside it are the same exactly named plugin files “TwinmotiontoUnrealContent.uplugin”. I was out of ideas so I thought “what the heck, let’s see how this goes” and I copied all the contents from the folder TMtoUEcontent to TwinmotiontoUnrealBeta. This was done while the engine was closed. I did not let windows overrite old data incase I may have corrupted the directory. I started the engine again and I felt some excitement when I saw the missing folders now appear in the Engine>Plugins>Twinmotion Content Content (in the content browser). I re-ran the the validation function and the engine took some time to recompile the assets (Mesh fields, Shaders, textures etc.) and decided to place a tree mesh by simply dragging and dropping. Finally, the mesh was successfully placed into my scene and it has all of it property as it should (Textures, animation, materials, everything). Thus, I had my Eureka Moment.

Conclusion:

I’m just an Architect who is trying to create his ArchiViz Company. I don’t have much experience with Unreal Engine. I started using it since February of 2023 and I love this software for it’s capabilities. I hope this message gives the reader a possible temporary fix to the problem. I did try to import the twinmotion content into my project folder but that broke all the meshes (missing information regarding material, texture and no animation) so I would not recommend it for anyone who is a novice like me. I just threw all my ideas because of my desperation. I managed to finally fix this issue for me. I hope others are able to work their issues out too. I spent 3 days non-stop searching for answers and I hope those who stumble across this have their downtime shortened.

Cheers guys,

some ArchViz guy

5 Likes

BendaBRodrigez, you made my day. Thank you so much. You solved 1700 problems in my scene (trees, set one by one in a city) .
I also searched everywere for a solution and you wrote the solution for me yesterday.
THANK YOU!

Hi @BendaBRodrigez,

I had the same problem you did with the Engine > Plugins > Twinmotion Content Content missing folders and assets in UE 5.1.1 after updating the plugin.

Solution: I uninstalled the plugin in the Epic Games Launcher (“Installed Plugins” under Engine Version) and reinstalled it for 5.1. The folders all came back.

Must be some bug with the initial update.

Little safer approach then hard copying and pasting inside the directory :slightly_smiling_face:

Best to all and their projects!

@PerryBecker You have been lucky by being able to do that. I tried that multiple times but to no avail.

My method is not the final solution but till the glitch is sorted at least there is a workaround.

Wish you all the best for your work.

Cheers.

Update: I updated my plugins just a couple of days ago and the problem has sort of occurred again. The Twinmotion content folder is gone however, it has been renamed to → Datasmith Twinmotion Content Content. All the assets work the same and as long as the plugins are active for the project there should not be any issues. So if you search for it and are unable to find the folder then I suggest just searching any material or object that is from Twinmotion using the content browser. If you still were unable to find it then I guess you could try the workaround I used originally. Goodluck :smile:

The material import of Twinmotion is normal in pc Unreal, but when packaging it as Android it will result in material loss and display of checkerboard patterns. I don’t know if it counts as one Bug, or is there a mature solution? Can you give me some answers i would be appreciated!