Twinmotion Crashes

My file keeps crashing too - It is a pretty simple sketchup file import. I can’t open the scene even though I am opening everything from the Desktop.
I have an Nvidia GeForce 2080i RTX and i900 coffeelake CPU. What more do I need to have to make this work!!

I’m going back to Lumion - it never crashes.

I have the same with my 16 inch MacBook pro. I can work but twinmotion freez when I move, when I put a texture on an object. Many times a day. It was the same with the last version. 2021 has crashed at the first start…

Hi
When I try to open any of my projects .tm twinmotion crashes immediately.
importing any file is ok. But if I try to open a saved twinmotion project immediate crush.
Pls help

LoginId:03f7f7014c9a39bcdf1b34934492b46c
EpicAccountId:88a28637ffde400c8a1affb87ef57256

Unhandled Exception: EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION reading address 0xffffffffffffffff

Twinmotion_Win64_Shipping!FMeshDescription::Serialize() [E:\Engine\Source\Runtime\MeshDescription\Private\MeshDescription.cpp:69]
Twinmotion_Win64_Shipping!operator<<() [E:\Engine\Source\Runtime\Core\Public\Containers\Array.h:1174]
Twinmotion_Win64_Shipping!operator<<() [E:\Project\Plugins\TwinmotionBase\Source\Private\Resources\RuntimeStaticMeshDescription.cpp:63]
Twinmotion_Win64_Shipping!CStorageReaderUnreal::read() [E:\Project\Source\TwinmotionStorage\Private\StorageReaderUnreal.cpp:1064]
Twinmotion_Win64_Shipping!CTwinmotionStorage::loadFile() [E:\Project\Source\TwinmotionStorage\Private\TwinmotionStorage.cpp:963]
Twinmotion_Win64_Shipping!CTwinmotionStorage::onProjectLoadRequest() [E:\Project\Source\TwinmotionStorage\Private\TwinmotionStorage.cpp:256]
Twinmotion_Win64_Shipping!<lambda_653e822cfc70e31be74fe9adc8adf77d>::operator()() [E:\Project\Source\TwinmotionStorage\Private\TwinmotionStorage.cpp:187]
Twinmotion_Win64_Shipping!TBaseFunctorDelegateInstance<void __cdecl(UProject *),FDefaultDelegateUserPolicy,<lambda_653e822cfc70e31be74fe9adc8adf77d> >::ExecuteIfSafe() [E:\Engine\Source\Runtime\Core\Public\Delegates\DelegateInstancesImpl.h:838]
Twinmotion_Win64_Shipping!TMulticastDelegate<void __cdecl(UVariant *),FDefaultDelegateUserPolicy>::Broadcast() [E:\Engine\Source\Runtime\Core\Public\Delegates\DelegateSignatureImpl.inl:955]
Twinmotion_Win64_Shipping!UProject::open() [E:\Project\Source\TwinmotionCore\Private\Project\Project.cpp:481]
Twinmotion_Win64_Shipping!CProjectManager::tryToOpenProject() [E:\Project\Source\TwinmotionUMG\Private\Project\ProjectManager.cpp:103]
Twinmotion_Win64_Shipping!CLoadProject::synchronize() [E:\Project\Source\TwinmotionUMG\Private\Project\Task\LoadProject.cpp:44]
Twinmotion_Win64_Shipping!IBaseTask::update() [E:\Project\Source\TwinmotionCore\Private\Task\BaseTask.cpp:152]
Twinmotion_Win64_Shipping!CTaskManager::updateSync() [E:\Project\Source\TwinmotionCore\Private\Task\TaskManager.cpp:161]
Twinmotion_Win64_Shipping!ATwinmotionGameMode::Tick() [E:\Project\Source\Twinmotion\Private\TwinmotionGameMode.cpp:420]
Twinmotion_Win64_Shipping!AActor::TickActor() [E:\Engine\Source\Runtime\Engine\Private\Actor.cpp:1093]
Twinmotion_Win64_Shipping!FActorTickFunction::ExecuteTick() [E:\Engine\Source\Runtime\Engine\Private\Actor.cpp:176]
Twinmotion_Win64_Shipping!FTickFunctionTask::DoTask() [E:\Engine\Source\Runtime\Engine\Private\TickTaskManager.cpp:285]
Twinmotion_Win64_Shipping!TGraphTask::ExecuteTask() [E:\Engine\Source\Runtime\Core\Public\Async\TaskGraphInterfaces.h:891]
Twinmotion_Win64_Shipping!FNamedTaskThread::ProcessTasksUntilQuit() [E:\Engine\Source\Runtime\Core\Private\Async\TaskGraph.cpp:600]
Twinmotion_Win64_Shipping!FTaskGraphImplementation::WaitUntilTasksComplete() [E:\Engine\Source\Runtime\Core\Private\Async\TaskGraph.cpp:1525]
Twinmotion_Win64_Shipping!FTickTaskSequencer::ReleaseTickGroup() [E:\Engine\Source\Runtime\Engine\Private\TickTaskManager.cpp:564]
Twinmotion_Win64_Shipping!FTickTaskManager::RunTickGroup() [E:\Engine\Source\Runtime\Engine\Private\TickTaskManager.cpp:1578]
Twinmotion_Win64_Shipping!UWorld::Tick() [E:\Engine\Source\Runtime\Engine\Private\LevelTick.cpp:1457]
Twinmotion_Win64_Shipping!UGameEngine::Tick() [E:\Engine\Source\Runtime\Engine\Private\GameEngine.cpp:1794]
Twinmotion_Win64_Shipping!FEngineLoop::Tick() [E:\Engine\Source\Runtime\Launch\Private\LaunchEngineLoop.cpp:4836]
Twinmotion_Win64_Shipping!GuardedMain() [E:\Engine\Source\Runtime\Launch\Private\Launch.cpp:169]
Twinmotion_Win64_Shipping!GuardedMainWrapper() [E:\Engine\Source\Runtime\Launch\Private\Windows\LaunchWindows.cpp:137]
Twinmotion_Win64_Shipping!WinMain() [E:\Engine\Source\Runtime\Launch\Private\Windows\LaunchWindows.cpp:268]
Twinmotion_Win64_Shipping!__scrt_common_main_seh() [d:\agent_work\63\s\src\vctools\crt\vcstartup\src\startup\exe_common.inl:288]
kernel32
ntdll

For me Twinmotion does not work, it constanly crashes and leaves corrupted file behind. It is impossible to use to program in such condition. I returned in time three times to the same backup file and hat to start from scratch. Finished the work, closed the program and today file cannot be opened and Twinmotion exits with crash screen. It is useless, no solution on the horizont.

I’ve been working with Twinmotion 2020 for a long time… I installed 2021 and it worked for the first week, then I started getting random crashes during a drawing, now I can’t even open the software… as soon as I open it, it crashes and I get "Unhandled Exception: EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION "… when I go back to 2020 it seems to work fine… HELP!!!

(Unhandled Exception: EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION reading address 0x0000000000000000

Twinmotion_Win64_Shipping!``anonymous namespace’::cleanseCloudLibraryIfUserDeletedFiles’::`2’::Local::removeInvalidDownloadedReferencesFromLibrary() [E:\Project\Source\TwinmotionCore\Private\Quixel\CloudLibraryManager.cpp:91]
Twinmotion_Win64_Shipping!UCloudLibraryManager::initializeCloudLibrary() [E:\Project\Source\TwinmotionCore\Private\Quixel\CloudLibraryManager.cpp:280]
Twinmotion_Win64_Shipping!UProject::startApplication() [E:\Project\Source\TwinmotionCore\Private\Project\Project.cpp:437]
Twinmotion_Win64_Shipping!ATwinmotionGameMode::BeginPlay() [E:\Project\Source\Twinmotion\Private\TwinmotionGameMode.cpp:189]
Twinmotion_Win64_Shipping!AActor::DispatchBeginPlay() [E:\Engine\Source\Runtime\Engine\Private\Actor.cpp:3518]
Twinmotion_Win64_Shipping!AWorldSettings::NotifyBeginPlay() [E:\Engine\Source\Runtime\Engine\Private\WorldSettings.cpp:243]
Twinmotion_Win64_Shipping!AGameMode::HandleMatchHasStarted() [E:\Engine\Source\Runtime\Engine\Private\GameMode.cpp:239]
Twinmotion_Win64_Shipping!AGameMode::SetMatchState() [E:\Engine\Source\Runtime\Engine\Private\GameMode.cpp:355]
Twinmotion_Win64_Shipping!UWorld::BeginPlay() [E:\Engine\Source\Runtime\Engine\Private\World.cpp:4342]
Twinmotion_Win64_Shipping!UEngine::LoadMap() [E:\Engine\Source\Runtime\Engine\Private\UnrealEngine.cpp:13098]
Twinmotion_Win64_Shipping!UEngine::Browse() [E:\Engine\Source\Runtime\Engine\Private\UnrealEngine.cpp:12303]
Twinmotion_Win64_Shipping!UGameInstance::StartGameInstance() [E:\Engine\Source\Runtime\Engine\Private\GameInstance.cpp:584]
Twinmotion_Win64_Shipping!FEngineLoop::Init() [E:\Engine\Source\Runtime\Launch\Private\LaunchEngineLoop.cpp:3990]
Twinmotion_Win64_Shipping!GuardedMain() [E:\Engine\Source\Runtime\Launch\Private\Launch.cpp:155]
Twinmotion_Win64_Shipping!GuardedMainWrapper() [E:\Engine\Source\Runtime\Launch\Private\Windows\LaunchWindows.cpp:137]
Twinmotion_Win64_Shipping!WinMain() [E:\Engine\Source\Runtime\Launch\Private\Windows\LaunchWindows.cpp:268]
Twinmotion_Win64_Shipping!__scrt_common_main_seh() [d:\agent_work\63\s\src\vctools\crt\vcstartup\src\startup\exe_common.inl:288]
kernel32
ntdll)

Please help… I miss using the particle effects and all of the other cool features of 2021

Hi All, if your Twinmotion crashes on the startup with a weird message:
Unhandled Exception: EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION reading address 0x0000000000000000

It may be that your Config folder is corrupt. At least this fixed my problem.
You need to delete your config folder by following TM instructions from the link:

Twinmotion crashes frequently or cannot be launched (epicgames.com)

Good Luck!

Let’s be honest… when does it not crash?

HI all ,

My System Config is Intel(R) Core™ i5-9300H CPU @ 2.40GHz 2.40 GHz
32 GB Ram
Nvidia 1660 Ti 6 GB
1 TB SSD
few Days back i have installed Twinmotion 2022.2 Preview2 and it was working perfectly fine but today morning i have changed the preferences settings in the DX11 to DX12 and the application crashed since then i am not able to open the application as it crashed everytime and not loading the program but giving me the crash report screen

Please give me some solution to this as i have tried all stunts and changed settings with Nvidia pannel everything but no use the program just fails to load… is there a way i can restore the direct X settings back to how it was with Dx11 without launching the program for example with notepad or wordpad editor? or is there any .ini config files that can be edited to restore the previous directX settings??

Please Help on High Priority…

Can you tell me how I can fix this?