Twinmotion 2023.2 Full Version Lumen Issues

For those who have purchased the update, can you help with the following. I've purchased the update myself and have spent the last few hours troubleshooting some major issues.

First off, compared to other versions, it seems as though the program is maybe not using my GPU for hardware acceleration. Basic 4k Lumen renders force the program to crash stating that there's not enough memory. Path tracer works fine. I have a RTX 3090 and 64GB of system memory.

I opened up 2023.1.2 for a comparison and everything is running stable. I just rendered off an 8k high quality interior image in 2 minutes and 9 seconds.

I've looked at the Twinmotion settings and don't see anything that can help.

At this point, I can only conclude that the 2023.2 release is unstable and in my case unusable when using Lumen.

Everything looks great in the viewport, but exporting is the issue. If anyone has similar issues or work arounds, please let me know.

Sorry no solution here but I thought I'd post to broadly agree with this as well. Whilst I can only speak of my own workflows (CityEngine to Twinmotion) it seems that TM 2023.2 is significantly slower than 2023.1.2 It loads files a lot slower and renders take significantly more time than same scenes in 2023.1.2. Importing of fbx files seems slower in some circumstances. Basic Lumen renders don't crash with me but take a significant amount of time to render to the point where it's not practical to use. For reference I have an i19 (12th gen) 32GBRAM and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080 Ti .... I will try a number of different options in TM and if I see any changes report back here....

Update 360 video (lumen) will take a bit to export 😕 174 hours....TM_wait

Thanks for looking into things on your end. I had a look again this morning and it's worth mentioning that even in the opening scene with the bowling ball, I still can't render an image in Lumen unless it's 2k. Additionally, the stats show that my CPU/GPU don't even fire up before I get the same memory warning I attached above. Once again, path tracer is fine, but Lumen is useless.

To your point, the whole purpose of the upgrade for me was to use Lumen so I can produce faster renders. If we're waiting 174 Hours, you might as well just forget about it.

I also tried it on my gaming laptop, which is pretty good, and Lumen just crashes it. Not that I'd expect it to work, but wanted to try.

If anyone has any success with Lumen renders, please let us know.

Ok, here's some interesting developments with beta testing 2023.2...

• Standard and Lumen GI both crash when presented with a high res 8k task as previously posted.
  • In order for GI to be totally stable to render, you need to reduce image quality down to 4k resolution and reduce some refinement to the render process. Not max.
  • The estimated time to render with GI is horribly skewed and out of whack. It may say over an hour for a few minutes, then look like it's frozen, then boom, render is complete.
  • Lumen, as I understand it, was supposed to be a quicker near real time rendering solution. In reality, when you can get a stable render, it still takes as long as a path tracer render and looks worst.
  • A new Nvidia driver was released today, however, there's no improvement there.

At this point with my experience in purchasing the update, I'd be cautious about updating anything. This still could be a local issue, however, I'd like to hear from some people if they can pull off any 4-8k Lumen renders with any stability. On top of that, is it outperforming path tracer renders in time?

Note in the attached image below the estimated time for a 4k lumen image render at max refinement. As a reference, I typically render an 8k path tracer image in 8-10 minutes. Note the computer stats in the bottom left and the overall lack of GPU engagement, which is confirmed also by how quiet my GPU is. In path tracer renders my GPU fan winds up like crazy.