Twimmotion and Datasmith exporter not working in Revit 2024

Hello

I have an issue when I click Twinmotion in Revit 2024, nothing happens. If I select to export the 3D view to Unreal Datasmith, I get the error in the image below. Has anyone seen this happen before? So far I’ve tried searching up the error but haven’t found any info regarding fixes. Reinstall of Revit 2024 didn’t help either.

Many thanks in advance!

Version info:
Revit 2024.2.0.63
Twinmotion for Revit 2023.2
Unreal Datasmith Exporter for Revit 5.2.1.0

• I keep these 2023.2 and 5.2.1.0 versions of TM and DE because I have pre-2024 versions of Revit that are still used from time to time.

Found the solution for this particular scenario; credit goes to user planimetria.so on the Autodesk forum - https://forums.autodesk.com/t5/revit-architecture-forum/revit-2024-direct-link-to-twinmotion-problem/td-p/11877799/page/3

Had to edit the Revit 2024 configuration (.ini) file and instruct it to preload Datasmith Exporter on startup for Revit by doing the following:

Add the following command line at the end of Revit.ini, in the user profile: C:\Users<username>\AppData\Roaming\Autodesk\Revit<product name and release>

Open the Revit.ini with notepad (recommend making a copy/backup prior to opening)
Go to the [Misc] section in the config file
Add the following to the [Misc] section

EnableDatasmithInitializationOnStartup=1

This makes Datasmith Exporter load for Revit when Revit is opened
Save the file (make sure saved as an .ini file and not a .txt file)

Hope this helps someone in the future. :v: