I’m having trouble finding any good starting ground for creating Actor/Scene-Components.
All I have found is this Unreal Engine youtube video with Zak quickly explaining what components are: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qr4ZjieAQKY
A system of modular BP components are exactly what I want to do, and how I want to structure everything I do (so I can easily build games).
But as I said, I have no idea how to start.
Some examples on top of my head:
- Components that handles different camera angles (FirstPerson, ThirdPerson, TopDown, etc)
- Components that handles movement configurations (FirstPerson, SideScroller, etc)
- Components that handles different mouse/gamepad aiming configurations
- Components that can draw different UI widgets
- Components to handle Input actions, e.g: different components for how to handle Jump action
(I didn’t know where to post this, Mods: feel free to move this thread where it belongs)