I know I’m not the only one who would benefit from this. I’m looking for a fully fleshed out character movement component done the “Right” way (or at least one of the right ways)… I know there are many ways something could be done.
What I mean is this:
- Multiplayer capable animation replication
- Should be done in Blueprints using Unreal Engine 4.8 or later
- Should be in Third Person View
All standard movements:
- Crouch in all 8 directions (Forward/Backward/Left/Right/Diagonally)
- Walk in all 8 directions (Forward/Backward/Left/Right/Diagonally)
- Run in all 8 directions (Forward/Backward/Left/Right/Diagonally)
- AimOffsets (at least vertically)
And then throw in a few supplemental movements:
- Idle/Crouch to Prone & Back
- Picking up/Dropping something
- Throwing something
- Holding various weapon types: Knife, Pistol, Rifle, Grenade
I’d also like to hear your choices for the way you do it, whether it be thru BlendSpaces or Montages, with or without Root motion, etc. Pretty much every 3D game needs to have these abilities and I think it would go along way to jumpstart people on the road to success if they at least had a basic blueprint to work from.