[TUTORIAL] Solving Session 9999 Ping with 3 Plugins and no C++

Plugins to Download and Install. (All of them have tutorial how to Install and Use.)

Victory Plugin - (We will use the to get the Local IP Address)
https://forums.unrealengine.com/development-discussion/blueprint-visual-scripting/4014-39-rama-s-extra-blueprint-nodes-for-you-as-a-plugin-no-c-required?p=834834#post834834

Advanced Session - (We will use the Advanced Session’s Extra Settings to give the IP Address to Other Players to Ping)
https://forums.unrealengine.com/community/community-content-tools-and-tutorials/41043-advanced-sessions-plugin

Ping Plugin - (This Plugin will only get the IP we already have and Ping it)

/=================================/

How I did

1 - First the Player save the IP Address locally when Game is open using the Victory Plugin. I re-parented the Players Controller from the Main Menu to the Victory PC(it don’t change anything) and at the Begin Play it gets the IP Address(see the tutorial) and send to the Game Instance for example.

2- The Host Create a Session with the Advanced Session and add at the Extra Settings with Make Literal Session Property String the IP Address saved before.

3 - Now Client needs to Find the Session, use Get Extra Settings and use Get Session Property String with the same name to get IP Address.

4 - With the IP Address of the Session saved you only need to use the Ping Plugin that will give you the Ping.

I did that, unfortunatelly it is not a solution for me because now i get “ping -” . So, it does give me the correct ping. Does everyone get the same as me " ping -". I seems to be only a solution to hide the 9999 ping

I don’t know what you did, but something is wrong. I am using it in a packed project and is fine.

Did you packed your project with Steam App ID=480 or with your own Steam ID?, Perhaps, the Problem I have is because of the Steam ID 480 but I´m not sure

This problem was solved at 4.24.

And before 4.24 could you get the right ping as you say in the post, I tried to do it changing diferent ways and all of them failed?.
By the way, the problem with using steam sockets in 4.24 is that I can´t join in a LAN session although I get the right ping in 4.24

bookmarked for later

hi tidiii, do you have the same problem with the plugins to get the right ping?

What problem do you have?

[quote=“fer1977, post:6, topic:129915”]

The problem with using steam sockets in 4.24 is that players can´t join in a LAN session. Players can connect only in diferent networks, if you want to give players the possibility to join in LAN mode, there is no chance to change at runtime between steam sockets and steam online subsystem.
And the problem before 4.24 was I never succeeded to get the right ping even with my own SteamID and using the ping plugin, despite having done thousands tests.

Any way to do this without plugins and modifying C++ code ? No way to do that just with blueprints ? I don’t want to modify c++ or download weird plugins and such…

Ping Plugin dont work on 4.26 and 4.27 plz help

I am working with 4.26.2 source code, and I am getting ping 9,999 :frowning:

I’ve followed your setup and my issue is that domestic IP addresses (any regular person’s IP address) don’t accept pings. The ping gets sent and there’s no response. It does work for all the non-domestic IP addresses I’ve tried (corporation-related public servers).

So for player-hosted listen servers, this solution will need some more work.