Tutorial series for serious Widget UI design?

Hi everyone.

Is there a tutorial series that can explain how complex UI system is created with Widgets. I am talking:

• Menus that would be used in AAA
    games.
  • Animated elements (like particles
    and transition not just move,
    scale, rotate)
  • Inventory and responsive multi tab
    menus

Its hard for me to find something advanced on youtube.

Hi, I think you’re right there doesn’t seem to be much advanced content on Widget UI design as far as I have seen. The Unreal Engine Documentation covers quite a few topics on widget design so it might be worth having a look through there. I think the best thing to do is just work from and build on the templates and the basic tutorials. For example, there are quite a few YouTube clips on creating menus from which you could develop your multi tab menu . That’s how I moved onto some of the more advanced elements. If you get stuck on implementing a certain feature or have any questions you can post them on the AnswerHub. There are a lot of active users here who are happy to help.

Thanks for the support. I hoped there is a master class on some education sites. Still it would be nice if we could get one Unreal Live Training on the topic.

It depends on where you are based but Epic Games have recently increased the number of classroom training courses they are running and are keen on feedback and suggestions: Training - Unreal Engine
You could maybe suggest an Advanced UI Design class.

Hi there ,

Can i bother and ask if you found anything on UI widgets in depth ?
I seem to be in a situation , similar to yours back then.

cheers!