Tutorial: How to make a Dialogue System using Blueprints

If you’re in need of a Dialogue System for your game, check out my new tutorial on making one in Unreal Engine using Blueprints!

This system is both designer-friendly and flexible, allowing for a wide range of possibilities in your game development. So, why not take a look and see how you can implement this powerful system in your own projects?

Does this allow for flags? Like, the dialogue options change dependent on conditions?
such as speaking to them once, you get normal dialogue, but then you interact with an object or something, then talk to the npc again and now you have additional dialogue pertaining to the object you just interacted with.
I’ve been looking at dialogue tutorials for two days, and I’ve yet to come across one that has this option.

Hi Todeswalzer, in a way yes. Assuming you want the conversation to go down a completely different path after interacting with an object, you can have the object change the dialogue index that is used to control the branch of the conversation.

You just need to be aware that switching the conversation branch clears any progress the player may have made in another branch. Depending on what your doing, this might not be a problem.

1 Like