Tutorial for programming with C++ and Blueprint

Perhaps it’s just me, but I can’t seem to find any documentation or in depth tutorials using C++ and Blueprint in tandem to develop. There are examples everywhere, but most of them don’t explain the hows and whys of what they are doing. As a result, I’ve just been breaking the engine left and right (at least it feels like it) trying to get my C++ code in a Blueprint. Of course it doesn’t help that I am not familiar at all with developing in Unreal and I haven’t touched C++ in 5 years after learning some basics.

What I’m trying to do with the C++ and Blueprint combo is develop a set of tools that my level designers can then use that toolbox to make the game, with complete functions, whizbangs, and doodads and all they have to do is connect the dots. For some reason this flow of development just makes sense to me and I’m sure it does to other people as well. I think a tutorial document or video going over how to integrate something into BP and why it is done that way instead of another way would be great.