[Tutorial] Colored Translucent Shadow for Stained Glass Window

Hello everyone!

I’ve seen users ask how to create the Colored Shadows from the image above that is in our documentation. I’ve finally gotten around to making a simple tutorial on our Epic Wiki!

You can find it here: https://wiki.unrealengine.com/Colored_Shadows

or you can search for “Colored Shadow” under the Tutorials page on the Wiki.

For Reference you can find more information about Translucent Shadow Color on our documentation page.

Included with this tutorial are links to download a Sample Project setup with multiple maps. There is also a image pack with two various stained glasses and a glass normal to do the tutorial without the sample project.

Maps included in the Sample Project:

• Statically lit map
  • Lightmap resolution comparison
  • Faked version using 3 Light Functions to get the RGB values and using Blueprints to get the suns position and rotate. (This is a start and probably needs a lot of work to get rotating correctly)

If anyone has any feedback or suggestions feel free to let me know! :slight_smile:

This is really useful, thanks .

Your results look gorgeous.

Very good & very useful thank you

Nice! Looks great, I’m sure I’ll find a use for this in one of my projects.

Glad you all like it! :slight_smile:

If anything can be tweaked or refined a bit just let me know and I’ll do so.

Looks beautiful . Such types of glasses are good for doors and windows. Recently, my home is remodelled from denver renovations and they have used such glasses for windows in living area. The glasses has made the look of living area awesome.