Tutorial caused my app to crash

This project is broken: https://.com/open?id=0B9BUiPwf2E_3QmlwQmdaVkJKWUE

When I open it and hit play, it crashes.

I was on step 21 of this tutorial: A new, community-hosted Unreal Engine Wiki - Announcements - Epic Developer Community Forums

NOTE: In link above, I removed StarterContent folder so that file size wasn’t massive. Obviously, you will need to add it back in order to see bug I have. I’m assuming that because none of my changes were in StarterContent, if you re-add vanilla StarterContent, it will still crash in same way it does for me.

I’m in 4.9.2 on Windows 10

Removing StarterContent causes crash, everything in starter content is being used in level you made. meshes, textures, materials, blueprints, everything. Without that, there’s nothing to load up and crashs.

You misunderstood what I meant. project I have crashes. I made a copy from which I removed StarterContent and uploaded it to above link. Otherwise, size was massive. issue occurs with StarterContent, but in order to see project like I have it on my machine, you’ll have to re-add starter content folder to set of files I uploaded. Make sense?

I’ve been digging into this more. It seems that crash happens when I click mouse button, which is supposed to trigger punching. cause of crash is when I attempt to set collision enabled on PunchCollisionL sphere in MyCharacter event graph blueprint. I have no idea why this would cause a crash…

Hey summitch,

This crash was a known issue in 4.8 and 4.9 (UE-20075), specifically involving collision status, attachment, welding configuration that caused a recreate of PhysX objects. problem was resolved in 4.10. If you’re open a copy of project in 4.10 and crash still occurs, please let us know. Thanks!

Ah, okay. It doesn’t happen in 4.10.

It would be cool if that was noted on tutorial video…

I’ll mention it to docs team.