Tutorial: A Quick Start to Using the Movie Render Graph in Unreal Engine 5.4

A Quick Start tutorial on using the Movie Render Graph to render separate elements in your shot.

https://dev.epicgames.com/community/learning/tutorials/PnRZ/a-quick-start-to-using-the-movie-render-graph-in-unreal-engine-5-4

1 Like

There is one problem - the character always gets a slightly different kind of render separately, lighter and more contrasting with shadows, more glare. I tested different settings and I couldn’t bring the character together with the default frame renderer. It may be possible to finalize this or give more detailed instructions. I have tried different solutions throughout the year, but have not been able to produce the same result.

Turning off auto exposure should be fine

I have a problem not seeing the ID layer

You might want to turn off ScreenTraces. You can find these in the Post Process Volume or use these CVars to disable them

r.Lumen.Reflections.ScreenTraces 0
r.Lumen.ScreenProbeGather.ScreenTraces 0

Let me know if this helps.

Cheers

There is a question. MRG only renders elements individually. How can we render objects like layered rendering?

Hey everyone,

I’m feeling a bit lost navigating through these documents, and I think I might not be alone. Personally, I find video tutorials much more helpful.

Currently, I’m working on rendering a straightforward scene. I want one shot with just the car and no background, and another shot with only the background and the car shadows.

If anyone has already cracked this puzzle, I’d be immensely grateful for a short video tutorial or a sample scene.

Thanks a bunch!

Probably the best way to dig deeper into this feature is to get into the latest documents here: Using Movie Render Graph | Course

Thank you Michael,

Reviewing it now, the initial test results are quite exciting! I’ll share some results as soon as possible.

Could anyone help identify what’s missing here to achieve a sphere with no background?

Thank you.